Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
SSP Performance has yet another transmission being repaired. We thought we would start sharing some the of internal upgrades we have been doing over the past few months. This is one of many transmission successfully being upgraded by SSP. We have been installing upgraded clutch discs, first gears and mainshafts, clutch baskets and seals, and now full solid mounting kits. All SSP transmission parts carry a 1 year warranty from date of installation.

We will be documenting a customers car from start to finish. We will share all of the details with the GTR world.

SSP Performance

These are pictures of the GTR's first days in the shop starting to get repaired. This customers transmission has lost first gear and a few other parts.

Attachments

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'm glad you guys are in my neck of the woods for when (or if) the need arises for transmission repair!

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
SSP Performance has yet another transmission being repaired. We thought we would start sharing some the of internal upgrades we have been doing over the past few months. This is one of many transmission successfully being upgraded by SSP. We have been installing upgraded clutch discs, first gears and mainshafts, clutch baskets and seals, and now full solid mounting kits. All SSP transmission parts carry a 1 year warranty from date of installation.

We will be documenting a customers car from start to finish. We will share all of the details with the GTR world.

SSP Performance

These are pictures of the GTR's first days in the shop starting to get repaired. This customers transmission has lost first gear and a few other parts.
This will be interesting

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This particular transmission would not engage into any gear. We will be pulling the transmission out today. It should be interesting to see what else we may find.

SSP Performance

·
Registered
265 Posts

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Day 2 of the transmission project. We found hundreds of metal filings inside of the transmisison after removing the valve body and filter. The next step will be to totally remove the transmission for a further inspection.

SSP Performance

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
Out of curiosity how much does a total rebuild cost. approximately

·
vincemims
125 Posts
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good luck with that one. It looks like a killer job for you.
If anyone can do it, I beleive it is you guys.
PS: This driver/owner is probably a kick ass guy who loves to drive?

·
vincemims
125 Posts
From talking with the customer, I believe it is a little of both.

SSP Performance
That and being boosted to 17psi with an exhaust that lets it rev a lot quicker. It is also circut track driven on courses that average about 2.5 miles with a lots of tight turns, so it runs in 2,3,4th gears a lot but has a lot of downshifts to 1st in the tight hairpins. I have noticed that the 1st gear downshifts are hard even though it rev matches it is still hard on it. These tracks are not like the ring where they did most of their testing at. In fact other than Laguna I am not sure how many small tight tracks they put it on. They claim it is a track ready car, but for which track.......................................................

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
You say your rebuilds are 1 year warranted. Is that with LC 1.0, as well?

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
All SSP performance parts carry a 1 year warranty from either date of purchase or date of installation. SSP transmisison products also carry this 1 year warranty. You can buy SSP products with confidence knowing you have this warranty. SSP does not warranty a first gear upgrade or launch control for the GTR.

SSP Performance

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
All SSP performance parts carry a 1 year warranty from either date of purchase or date of installation. SSP transmisison products also carry this 1 year warranty. You can buy SSP products with confidence knowing you have this warranty. SSP does not warranty a first gear upgrade or launch control for the GTR.

SSP Performance
Thats IMPRESSIVE!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
460 Posts

SSP Performance
sorry if i missed something, but the first gear upgrade is not an SSP product?

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
We currently are using the PPG first gear upgrade. It has been working flawlessly.

SSP Performance

·
vincemims
125 Posts
We currently are using the PPG first gear upgrade. It has been working flawlessly.

SSP Performance
We will have the new LC2 programed into the car anyways. We use the car on the circuits anyways, not the drags. We have been to the drag, but that is just to see what she would do with all the upgrades, before and after.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts