Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 183 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Animal House Racing will be releasing gears for the GTR R35 very soon. These gears will hold up to the launch control and make the GTR unstoppable.
Pricing, Pictures, and availability will be posted soon. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up.

Animal House Racing will have 3 packages for this mod

• Gear set
  • Gear set & Clutch set
  • Gear set - Clutch set - Ceramic Bearings for the transmission

·
Registered
87 Posts
Animal House Racing will be releasing gears for the GTR R35 very soon. These gears will hold up to the launch control and make the GTR unstoppable.
Pricing, Pictures, and availability will be posted soon. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up.

Animal House Racing will have 3 packages for this mod

• Gear set
  • Gear set & Clutch set
  • Gear set - Clutch set - Ceramic Bearings for the transmission
now we are talking!

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Just hope you don't jack up the price because of the recent problems and how the tranny is in the spotlight right now. Most of the members here don't even care about launching enough to shell out tons of money. But if the price is good, we "may as well" get it installed for additional peace of mind.

Good job.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I wonder if strengthening the tranny will void the warranty?
It won't void the warranty, but you can be damn sure that Nissan won't cover a claim if the tranny has been tampered with and something goes wrong with the tranny. I think any car company would take the same stance, even if the mods improved the tranny. That being said, I'm all for reinforcing the tranny because I want to do some engine mods too.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
If you mess with the transmission, you can pretty much guarantee they will not cover anything on the entire drivetrain, from the motor back down to the wheels....

It won't void the warranty, but you can be damn sure that Nissan won't cover a claim if the tranny has been tampered with and something goes wrong with the tranny. I think any car company would take the same stance, even if the mods improved the tranny. That being said, I'm all for reinforcing the tranny because I want to do some engine mods too.

·
Registered
69 Posts
If you mess with the transmission, you can pretty much guarantee they will not cover anything on the entire drivetrain, from the motor back down to the wheels....
Audi did something like that to me. I chipped the engine with a GIAC chip.... very moderate gain on a NA 4.2 A6. At 40K miles, the engine blew a few rods and the tranny failed as well. Audi denied coverage on both. After a little back and forth, I just paid the substantial bill because I did feel responsible.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I wanna see testing on this crap. and exactly how much is this actually going to strengthen the tranny? I mean for example, a stock tranny will blow up after lets say... 16 launches, with this one last you 18? or what?
I'm not even sure anyone knows that the tranny will necessarily blow b/c of launch control. It's entirely possible that people are using L/C outside of safe parameters (e.g. proper trans. temp.), however, without some guidlines from Nissan, we can't even figure that out.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I wanna see testing on this stuff. and exactly how much is this going to strengthen the tranny? I mean for example, a stock tranny will blow up after lets say... 16 launches, with this one last you 18? or what?
When I release any product I make sure it's the best quality and will never break. I designed this trans upgrade so you can launch the car at every light.
I have a GTR too, and want the peace of mind that the trans will not break.
Non of my GTR Products come with a GTR TAX lol...

1 - 20 of 183 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.