Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couple clean Roll runs between two lightly modded cars. GTR has downpipes and mid pipes with a OTS Cobb tune, and the M4 has air filters, downpipes, and a JB4 map for 100octane. They may not be the huge power were all use to, but close runs like this are awesome at any speed.

·
R35 member
3,086 Posts
Couple clean Roll runs between two lightly modded cars. GTR has downpipes and mid pipes with a OTS Cobb tune, and the M4 has air filters, downpipes, and a JB4 map for 100octane. They may not be the huge power were all use to, but close runs like this are awesome at any speed.

Umm they both looked like they were crawling past that Van in the left lane of the last race. Whats up with that?

Sent from my SM-G900T1 using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
9,690 Posts
^^ same VW from the first race as well looks like.

Thanks for sharing.

CBA with MP/DP and probably stage 2 ots map put up a good fight considering it's a jb4 100 octane tune.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Looks like the M4 is no slouch at all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using GT-R Life mobile app

·
R35 member
3,086 Posts
Im sure the M series will only get quicker and faster as they start to get into the tuning more. Thats impressive.

·
Registered
386 Posts
If only the sound it produced was more stimulating to my ears/brain.

Sent from my SM-N900T using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
9,690 Posts
Problem is even with drag radials on street 1st and 2nd are worthless.

Burger already has them in the 10's at the track. But we all know huge difference between strip and street.

·
e85 member
2,724 Posts
Impressive on the M4. My local shop has a couple and they are really fast. They've run like mid 10s with them already

·
Will trade patents for car parts
508 Posts
100 octane on the M4 is a massive advantage since it's force inducted. Equal fuels and I think the race would have looked very different. Still looked fun.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
My question is you buy 60k car, install dps and midpipe, but don't run a custom map? How about injectors and inlets? Why leave 50-80 whp that can easily be had?

·
Sophisticated
2,980 Posts
I have seen two M4's spin a full 180 degree's at PBIR after the 1-2 shift. One almost hit the wall. They are no GT-R that's for sure. With TC off they can be a major handfull, espscailly with a tune. The M5 put's the power down much better and is more behaved with TC off.

·
Registered
116 Posts
100 octane on the M4 is a massive advantage since it's force inducted. Equal fuels and I think the race would have looked very different. Still looked fun.
100 oct is not a massive advantage for the m4 as it's only running a piggyback tune. Once flash tunes are more readily available 100 Oct tunes will be a massive advantage.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
116 Posts
Problem is even with drag radials on street 1st and 2nd are worthless.

Burger already has them in the 10's at the track. But we all know huge difference between strip and street.
Hooks pretty well for me on the street with nitto drag radials in all gears. Tire pressure at 25psi rears running dps, filters, jb4 map 6 with an e35-40mix..26psi with no boost reduction in 1-3 gears . First gears has very slight spin and 2nd and on has no spin.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
My wifes BMW 135i will stay with my stock GTR all day from 50-130 (this I know). It has basically a stage 2+ (Custom Cobb tune, aFe twin cone intakes, Cobb charge pipe with Turbosmart Diverters, Wagner Evo 1 I/C, Cobb catted DPs and Corsa Axle Back) . On a mustang dyno it was 348hp/ 383 tq and this dyno is 16% under Cobbs (Plano, TX) in output. Never had it stock run so no delta to compare with

I'm hoping to get her a real L.S.D. and then run it at a track. as it is now- it needs to be started in M3 in manual otherwise just roasts the tires in 1st and 2nd.

·
Registered
9,690 Posts
^ interesting. Absolutely not the case for my buddy here in upstate NY.

What kind of shorts are you tuning ? Best short he's ever managed is a 1.9 with usual 2.1.

My X5M and 550 pull 1.7's so he won't even go to the track with me anymore. ;(

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
^ interesting. Absolutely not the case for my buddy here in upstate NY.

What kind of shorts are you tuning ? Best short he's ever managed is a 1.9 with usual 2.1.

My X5M and 550 pull 1.7's so he won't even go to the track with me anymore. ;(
Fixed my dyno numbers- dyslexia sucks.

It spins the tires in every gear (MPSS) but will do decent with a 4th-6th pull at 50mph. Stock GTR (my 15) does a 60-130 in 9.5 seconds and this easily does that if not better. I cant launch it without a true LSD (BMW put an E-LSD in these and it sucks for stock power)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts