Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
So funny,

I just read this on my Ipad last night.

Z06 is very impressive, it if had a DCT it would be crazy fast.

I saw this on my iPad version of the article, was this in the magazine as well?

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Yeah it was in the magazine too, a couple months back I think.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Its a pretty old magazine, I remember the article as well. They even had a neat little map of the track they tested the cars on, where it showed all the braking and acceleration points of each car during each part, pretty cool.

The GTR just tore up both the Z06 and GT500 though, they didn't stand a chance. The GT500 seemed to fall behind in quite a few categories if I can recall correctly... Still wouldn't mind owning one, or any of those beasts.

Did the Z06 have the ZR1 performance package (forgot the exact name) on it? I heard that package will make the Z06 as quick as a ZR1 in cornering, etc?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Its a pretty old magazine, I remember the article as well. They even had a neat little map of the track they tested the cars on, where it showed all the braking and acceleration points of each car during each part, pretty cool.

The GTR just tore up both the Z06 and GT500 though, they didn't stand a chance. The GT500 seemed to fall behind in quite a few categories if I can recall correctly... Still wouldn't mind owning one, or any of those beasts.

Did the Z06 have the ZR1 performance package (forgot the exact name) on it? I heard that package will make the Z06 as quick as a ZR1 in cornering, etc?
Yeah this was in an older issue of MT and the vette did have the z07 package. I think the vette would be fun and challenging to drive. Watch out for those z06's from a roll. I have a buddy who has a standard Z and pulls on me if we roll from 60 or 70.

·
Registered
661 Posts
This is a more scientific explanation why there was tons of videos of Corvette/zr1 crashing. Those showoff corvette drivers was turning their traction control off. Even Randy Pobst testify that Corvette is a hanfull with TC off. So you need to be a Pro driver to drive this car with TC off safely.

"This Vette can get scary a third to two-thirds the way out of the exit, when you're floored and you think everything's good, and then the power overwhelms the grip. And when it lets go, it's sudden." ....Randy Post

·
R35
1,312 Posts
I had a friend wreck his C5 on the track with TC off - after that, he never switched off TC again lol ;)

This is a more scientific explanation why there was tons of videos of Corvette/zr1 crashing. Those showoff corvette drivers was turning their traction control off. Even Randy Pobst testify that Corvette is a hanfull with TC off. So you need to be a Pro driver to drive this car with TC off safely.

"This Vette can get scary a third to two-thirds the way out of the exit, when you're floored and you think everything's good, and then the power overwhelms the grip. And when it lets go, it's sudden." ....Randy Post

·
Registered
386 Posts
Yeah this was in an older issue of MT and the vette did have the z07 package. I think the vette would be fun and challenging to drive. Watch out for those z06's from a roll. I have a buddy who has a standard Z and pulls on me if we roll from 60 or 70.
It only had PS2's though, doesn't the Z07 package come with MPSC? That's pretty amazing by that Z06 with PS2's vs a GT-R on Dunlops.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts