Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

Long time GTR life fan, but first time posting. I am looking for some help with a wedding proposal for my gf.

Background: Me and my girlfriend have been together for the last six years recently bought a house together aka (spent all my gtr money) but now its time to put a ring on it!

My girlfriend and I have a running joke where I told her before she gets a ring I will get a GTR. So since I have already bought the ring, I would love to play a trick on her and show up to the house in a GTR as a surprise.

I have looked on turo and the luxury rental car locations in the DMV area and have not had any luck in finding a car which I can drive around the corner in my neighborhood (Falls Church, VA) as a part of the surprise. Ideally I would like to make her think I bought the car, but then have the owner walk around the corner to grab the keys before I propose.

If anyone is potentially available or in the area and would not mind helping me out, and making this a proposal she will not forget! I would really appreciate it and would be happy to fill up the tank!

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

·
Registered
10,118 Posts
Lol - reminds me of the prom posts that pop up from time to time.

Most airports have them for rentals. I haven’t rented one at IAD but think I remember seeing one there at Hertz once. For sure BWi doesn’t. DCA is an option as you know those elected officials love renting expensive rides.

Good luck and don’t want to preach but starting a marriage with making someone think something that isn’t true might not give you the best results long term. Just saying.

And besides how you do know if she would say NO if you showed up in a Honda....

Seriously though - good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@droptopp - Thanks for the comment! And 100% Agree starting off the relationship on a lie is very misleading. The goal isnt to be flashy, but to show her that I am willing to put aside the material things i want most (aka the GTR) to have her, and to show her that she is the most important thing to me.

I appreciate the recommendations and will reach out to see what i can find! Also the alpha build looks insane, congrats!

·
Registered
10,118 Posts
Haha then show up in a 79 Malibu classic with s good amount of patina ;$

·
Registered
10,118 Posts
Wait for the rates to dip back into the 2’s and buy a house before a GTR.

·
Alberta Oil & Gas
5,962 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.