Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got in my 2011 gtr with 12k on it and when i press the start button the light remains on the lock and the intelligent key is lit up on the dashboard. Any suggestions

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
It sounds like the battery in your key fob is low or dead. In my G37 there was a port that you can plug the key fob in to start the car when the battery is dead, not sure if the GT-R is the same but I believe so.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Yes there is a port under the steering wheel, towards the left. Plug it in there and you can start your car.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Not to offend you but is your foot on the brake? Is your cars battery dead? Is it fully in park? What year is your car, 2011? I have heard about the 09's having steering colum lock problems which may cause a problem when starting but I'm not 100% certain on this!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nissan just told me i need a "steering wheel control unit" and its on a back order so hopefully another 5 days or so they will receive it.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Nissan just told me i need a "steering wheel control unit" and its on a back order so hopefully another 5 days or so they will receive it.
Weird I thought only the 09's were affected with that. At least it's a simple fix, hope the part shows up soon for you!

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Interesting that this can occur on later model years. My '09 had this recall done, fortunately before it left me stranded somewhere.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts