Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
The GT-R is still a bargain when compared to it's competition. The price increases have also been beneficial to early GT-R owners. I hope that the trend continues with price and evolution.

Cheers,

-Nate

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
The GT-R is still a bargain when compared to it's competition. The price increases have also been beneficial to early GT-R owners. I hope that the trend continues with price and evolution.

Cheers,

-Nate
I thought Nissan built the gtr with its early price for the average joe...now days...even the older models are sort of hard to get for the majority of the general population

Pikes Peak R35

·
Registered
447 Posts
I thought Nissan built the gtr with its early price for the average joe...now days...even the older models are sort of hard to get for the majority of the general population

Pikes Peak R35
This is very true, the upside is that our community maintains its maturity as a whole. One of the things that I have been happy about with getting my GT-R was/is the owners tend to be more mature than owners of my past cars such as the EVO, STi, and 300Z. Less kids!

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
This is very true, the upside is that our community maintains its maturity as a whole. One of the things that I have been happy about with getting my GT-R was/is the owners tend to be more mature than owners of my past cars such as the EVO, STi, and 300Z. Less kids!
I agree but what about those rich spoil kids that get everything from daddy...lol

Pikes Peak R35

·
Registered
31 Posts
"Maturity"? You must be reading a different forum. The ability to write the check is one difference I see. In a certain way, I've seen a decline in "maturity" as I've moved from (old school) Subaru performance, through Porsches, to here. Often on Rennlist I would shake my head and wonder--did these people just find the Internet?

·
Registered
708 Posts

Cheers,

-Nate
If the price increase trend continues at this pace, many people will be priced out of the GTR market, they will hit a ceiling where they either reduce the price or number of cars they build.

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Thanks to Sinster for this visual look at the where we started and where we are now

note that "2009" indicates the mid year price bump the GTR took in September of 2008 shortly after its introduction
I was going to comment about the 2009 bump. You should include that in the graph.
Several of us have the original MSRP models and several actually did pay MSRP for the very first ones including myself.

EDIT, oh is that what the 2008 represents? I'd have labeled it 2009A & 2009B

·
Boost Junky
4,007 Posts
If the price increase trend continues at this pace, many people will be priced out of the GTR market, they will hit a ceiling where they either reduce the price or number of cars they build.
It's slightly out of hand as is now for a new car.

·
Founder/Admin
26,441 Posts
I was going to comment about the 2009 bump. You should include that in the graph.
Several of us have the original MSRP models and several actually did pay MSRP for the very first ones including myself.

EDIT, oh is that what the 2008 represents? I'd have labeled it 2009A & 2009B
yeah thats why I made the notation as sinster had it labeled 2008 and 2009. I didnt want to confuse anyone that there was a 08 model...If he decides to change it I will update the graph

Im with you I paid the "original" MSRP for my 2009

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
"Maturity"? You must be reading a different forum. The ability to write the check is one difference I see. In a certain way, I've seen a decline in "maturity" as I've moved from (old school) Subaru performance, through Porsches, to here. Often on Rennlist I would shake my head and wonder--did these people just find the Internet?
agree 100%. Am on a few different forums and each attracts a certain type, but there's definitely a more " full of themselves" attitude

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
I believe this pricing model was in place well before the first car ever hit our shores....they needed to come in "cheap" to build the fanfare to what it is today....they couldn't come right in with a 6 digit car....would have never been as successful as it is

Sent from my SM-N900V using GT-R Life mobile app

1 - 20 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.