Nissan GT-R Forum banner
41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Founder/Admin
26,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
thank you as always for making these. Added a front page article as it really is interesting to look at the drastic change in price in this way

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
that NISMO line takes a pretty steep upward hike on paper
I agree and the reasonable question is whether it is worth that price based on performance and upgrades from MY15?

·
Founder/Admin
26,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
There aren't any performance upgrades. The suspension has been changed but its more for the road. Doesn't mean it won't perform as well but I wouldn't say it's an upgrade. If the car had 625-630hp I would day that it has upgraded performance

·
Registered
5 Posts
anyone done this on any of the "comparable" models of competition? I always see this argument and even journalists use it about how the GTR is no longer the bargain it once was and I always wondered why...is it because its a Nissan? Let's be honest, in 2008 $70K was a lot of money so it was by no means "priced for the masses". The Audi R8 was $109K in 2008 and the 911 Turbo was $127K. Now granted over the life, other manufacturers have caught up performance wise in certain areas because OF the GTRs abilities but besides the interior I think the GTR went the other way in trying to support the GT part of the car instead of turning it into more of a race car (that's what the NISMO was for) yet from a pricing stand point, when I do the math without a lot of the other variables but just based on MSRP...both the 911 Turbo and the GTR have price gapped over the years with the GTR being right around 35% diff between them and both rising costs right around the avg of 25% (GTR little more than the 911)

Now add to both the 911 turbo that is BASE priced, as with Audi....which are NOT the true perfornace models (Turbo S with chrono and Audi V10) so I'm not trying to start a mathematical argument just wanted to point out that the whole verbiage around its not the "bargain" it once was is really a bit misleading...it was never a "bargain" it was just cheaper than its rivals....and it still is by more or less the same gap...ALL cars have gone up..i mean the 2008 Z06 was MSRP of $79.5... todays its $105K with the Z07 and ceramics to make the comparison even

Don't get me wrong this is nothing at all against this post, I love numbers and this is great information..i think it's more about the false narrative.. the car still runs 1/10 of a second of cars that still cost 30% more than it does..yes its aging..its not the destructive force because its not "beating" its rivals any longer... but then again I can drop $10K, ($120K now) bump it to over 700 HP and call it a day... on both of those models that are currently ahead of it...but are also optioned out at over $200K....just some thoughts

·
Callous Disregard
444 Posts
My Question to all is im 23 years old i make 8k a month steady can make more if i choose too but will be more difficult work how much does it cost maintenance/insurance wise to take care of a GTR
First, welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy you enjoy your stay.

At your age, expect some uncomfortable insurance quotes. Maintenance will vary depending on use. For instance will this be daily driver, a weekend warrior, or a track terror? Each has a unique subset of expenses and there have been several threads over the years that describe/debate the respective costs for each. Perform a forum search for 'maintenance costs' to find them.

41 - 60 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.