Nissan GT-R Forum banner
61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Founder/Admin
26,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
I didnt realize until I looked at that even after reading the press release that the premium and NISMO went up 1K

·
Registered
10,118 Posts
2012 was the sweet spot.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Possible new owner here and searching these boards like mad, I appreciate the updates on this thread immensely!! Thank you!

·
Registered
10,118 Posts
The 911 especially the TT has sky rocketed in the last year.

3 year old cars selling for $20k under sticker.

Was never the case a year ago.

·
Registered
75 Posts
what other cars do you guys think hold value just like this one...
Audi R8 V10 manuals have seen a serious rise in value in recent years. Crazy what these are fetching in the market. I've got one, but couldn't handle the thought of selling it at this point considering they stopped offering them in 2015 and becoming more and more difficult to find a nice example.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,118 Posts
^ no plus made in manual ?

·
Registered
72 Posts
In 2009 the GTR as fast or faster than Hypercars for $80,000 USD. It set a new standard like the Gen 2 CTSV did in 2009 for performance sedans.

They both beat the completion for way less money. As time has gone by, both the GTR and the CTSV (now a true Gen 3) are less of a bargain as their prices have gone up and the competition has both gotten faster and started incorporating AWD.

Even the M series sedans have AWD now......as do a lot of super cars as well. NSX, Maclaren, Ferrari FF, Koeinninfnziigggg (however the hell you spell that), way more Lambo models AWD, Porsche bumped up their 911 hp numbers a tone etc etc.

I had a 2011 CTSV coupe. I think its an iconic car that put the automotive world in check.

Now I have a GTR and it had that same iconic history and mystic to it and an even bigger fan base and tuning aftermarket of which I had no idea about in terms of just how big.

In 2012-2014 it got more expensive because people were willing to pay more. It was still a bargain.

Yes after 2015-2021 model years its less of a bargain but what other cars in the $120,000 range can do 0-60 in less than 3 seconds and the 1/4 at 10.9-11.1 stock? What other car offers the track performance? The gap has closed and its less of a bargain yes, but its still a major player with cars costing literally 2-10x more. The formula still works.

Certainly its taken over 10 years to make a real interior improvement, and its still not nice as nice as a Porsche or other German car inside. Having come from a Panamera Turbo S I can stray to this specifically. What I will say is the GTR with its first refresh in 2014 or whenever it was (I have a 2016) did at least make an effort to make it feel less like a Nissan Sentra!!! I actually like the kind of retro minimalistic 80s Porsche feel of it. Yes they could still have made more of an effort there, but they really didnt need too.

My guess is that Nissan does not make a profit on these cars, its just a brand flag shop. Why develop a whole expensive interior if you dont need to in order to sell it? That is a reasonable gripe thought. An Alcantara headliner, door panels, and steering wheel, with some really premium seats like an Audi or BMW could have gone a long way.....

The interior is not really that rattlely and cheap feeling either. I thought it might bother me, but it doesnt. It is plain and simple yes but not bland. It kind of fits the loud, clunky old school muscle car character. Even in 2021 the GTR is like a modern Japanese muscle car in the purest sense. Ive been pleasantly surprised by its driving character.

Its even engaging like a manual without being a manual. You feel the road and hear it a bit, but youre not bombarded by tire and wind noise really all that bad. The steering is hugely precise and planted. It doesnt shake apart over major bumps it just glides right over (yes you do hear them though!).

I still think the GTR is a bargain, but yes much less so than it used to be. Yes there are now cars that meet or beat its 0-60 time but there is more to driving than 0-60 stats. How many other cars that are as fast stock, that still allow you bolt on and use a hand tuner to get another relatively safe 100whp? Im sure there are examples but there isnt a tone than get to GTR levels as effectively.

Especially now? I feel like cars are getting harder to tune and have more nannies and management system to get around, and of course still cost 50% more than the GTR.

The GTR does hold value. Hell a 2009 is still hard to find much under 60k with 50k plus miles. The 911 has skyrocketed in the last couple years - to be honest thats what I was looking at primarily because of the creature comforts. But a 2014 911 turbo is $110k minimum. Even the 2009-2012 are hanging solid at $80ks. Id rather have a GTR than an older 911, thats why if got one.

The GTR may not be appreciating like the 911 turbo but its certainly not dropping at all historically at the rate of most sports cars. I can probably drive my 2016 for two years, and only lose 10-15k of value at most. Had I purchased a used Jag SVR F type I would have lost $30k easy. The CTSV loose 40k off stick in just 3 years. The C7 and now C8 have and will hold value better than past year corvettes, but you can get a C7 in the $40k range now. Ive never even seen a 2009-2010 gtr in the 40s. That and corvettes are a dime a dozen ans I dont wear cargo shorts and new balance shoes!

61 - 79 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.