Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend works at Autobahn Motors in Redwood City. They sell Mercedes Benz and just 500ft away from Oracle Software. Today Larry Ellison dropped by with his 2010 GTR. Upon closer examination Mr. Ellison's GTR is no regular GTR. It's a Hennessy tuned 642HP car. He wouldn't lie nor would he need to.

·
R35 Member
89 Posts
Now that's an endorsement! I'd like to hear what he has to say about the GTR compared to the other cars in his stable. Thanx for the pictures!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Guys like these are not concerned with warranty, neither are they concerned with a $16k bill for "regular" maintenance job on a Ferrari or Lambo.......so, a GTR like this one is just another nice thing to own for him.......and he can brag to his friends that his $100k rice rocket is faster than their $500k exotics.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
One more tidbit to share. I'm very good friends with Rolls Royce SF and recently RR flew a brand new Drophead for Ellison to test drive for a weekend with no strings attached. He returned the car and ordered a new one in a one of a kind white. When the car arrives I'll try and get a photo. It's nice to know there are still companies who'll go that distance for a customer. Sure it comes at a price but that's the type of service I'd expect from what I'm paying...

·
Registered
597 Posts
Guys like these are not concerned with warranty, neither are they concerned with a $16k bill for "regular" maintenance job on a Ferrari or Lambo.......so, a GTR like this one is just another nice thing to own for him.......and he can brag to his friends that his $100k rice rocket is faster than their $500k exotics.
(Disclaimer: I worked at Oracle for almost 10 years, and although I am by no means on a first-name basis with Larry, I've met him and worked with people who know him well.)

Larry is a genuine gearhead, and he knows his way around cars. I don't think he bought the GT-R just for bragging rights; I'd be willing to bet that he bought it because he loves to drive it, and appreciates what it stands for.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts