Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to find a pic of a gunmetal GTR with a oem style carbon fiber rear wing. I tried a search but didn't have any luck finding one.

Tom

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks MC!

I'm suprised there are not more pics floating around of spec V or egoist cars with the carbon rear wing.

Maybe I will get a better idea of how the CF wing looks when the 13 BE cars come out. I'm very tempted to pick up the Seibon dry cf wing as a Christmas present to myself.

·
Founder/Admin
26,442 Posts
yeah you know i considered that one all last week but i think its too tall on the sides i decided especially from that last pic..... i went back and forth about it about 100 times...but its just a little to blunt looking on the sides for my taste

i think if i do get a carbon one now it will be OEM height...

i like the nordring one thats taller the best...but its taller because the pedestals the wing sits on are angled up instead of the sides of the wing being taller like the seibon VS...

·
Founder/Admin
26,442 Posts
if you want more pics of the gunmetal with the oem carbon wing..

google specV nurburgring as alot of the spyshots of it testing a few years ago were of the gunmetal car

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
These pics are really making me want the wing now, but I'm trying to hold off on getting one till my garage is finished.

I agree with MC on the taller Seibon wing, something about it looks off; kinda like a Evo/STi wing. The Nordring and Oem both look great in CF, price will be the deciding factor though.

·
Founder/Admin
26,442 Posts
These pics are really making me want the wing now, but I'm trying to hold off on getting one till my garage is finished.

I agree with MC on the taller Seibon wing, something about it looks off; kinda like a Evo/STi wing. The Nordring and Oem both look great in CF, price will be the deciding factor though.
yeah the seibon wing for me is out.... here is what i decided to do

i was able to get my hands on an extra OEM wing ... and i am having it sent to GT-RR tomorrow and they are going to do a custom conversion of just the top part to carbon with a matte finish to match my OEM 2012 carbon..... then im going to use my OEM black pedestal stands/ base of my wing....so it should come out looking like the OEM specV wing where the top part is carbon.... ( the specV base is painted KAE like the bottom trim of the car but i think it will look good in black since i have black car)

im pretty excited and this way i get to keep everything OEM and not settle for an aftermarket spoiler.. turn around especially with the upcoming holidays will be a few weeks but i will post pics in a month or so when its all done

i came across some carbon mirror bottoms that match the 2012 OEM Stuff closely so im having them base the custom job off this

Attachments

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
MC please keep us updated on how the custom spoiler comes out, I might go the same route as you. I was unaware too that the bottom panels on the car are painted, I always assumed that was just the color of the plastic.

The lack of a good quality dry CF oem style wing is making me think I should go aftermarket, either GTC or esperit, but they are very aggressive. If I go that route I will purchase another trunk also, as I don't want to repaint the one on the car now.

I'm really in no rush, as I don't want to put an carbon fiber on my car until my garage is finished. I just don't like the idea of it sitting out in the cold/sun all day.

·
Founder/Admin
26,442 Posts
yeah see the middle pedestal is carbon but the two side bases are basically like the OEM just painted the KAE color code( or something very close to that color)

so in the custom one im having done the biggest difference would be my center pedestal would be black instead of carbon

·
GTR Nerd
5,335 Posts
Sean, do you have any pics of the OEM Seibon wing on a car? Has their been any issues with the wing fading? How much lighter than stock?
I don't have a picture of the Seibon OEM style on a car, but it would look like the ones above. The dry carbon wing weighs 3.06 kg = 6.7 lbs. I don't have a stock wing weight. They also have a wet carbon wing that is a bit less expensive than the dry carbon wing.

I would do a UV clearcoat on any carbon part not painted and left exposed to light.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.