Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping to get some real world reviews on guys that have switched over to 12 smaller injectors. Running ecutek phase 5. Im currently running 2000's with a excellent drivability for 2000's on e85 but Im searching for that factory small injector drivability and fuel control small injectors bring?

How is it working ?

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
I think I'm the only person who makes a 100% plug and play 12 injector kit for EcuTek (and soon for COBB
)

Unfortunately most of my 12 injector customers don't post on the forums or even have accounts.

Ma280 has one of my kits but I believe his tuner still has his car

John

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
And how successful has it been thus far John?

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
And how successful has it been thus far John?
Can't make the kits fast enough.

I totally understand that a large injector car can run well, but it's nothing like running a car with a small injectors.

IMHO there's nothing like a 1000WHP+ car running 12 injectors..

"Drives like stock"

"Soo much better"

"love my car again"

"is this what a stock GTR drives like?"

I know one of my guys posts on GTR Life, I'll link him to the thread. He'll probably respond after work

John

·
Registered
697 Posts
I've done the switch. Do it and don't look back. I was having to keep my ethanol content below 50% to avoid running out of injector duty. Now I have plenty of headroom, but it drives even better then it did previously. I thought my ASNU 1650's drove really well, but the car is smoother with 12 - 1100's. It even seems to start better.

Another advantage that most aren't mentioning is the moderate intake air temp cooling effect when the 3rd rail is on.

Look up "latent heat of evaporation" if you want to dwelve into the heat energy required to evaporate a liquid. That heat is being drawn from your intake air, thereby effectively lowering you IAT. That's just a small secondary benefit.

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Can't make the kits fast enough.

I totally understand that a large injector car can run well, but it's nothing like running a car with a small injectors.

IMHO there's nothing like a 1000WHP+ car running 12 injectors..

"Drives like stock"

"Soo much better"

"love my car again"

"is this what a stock GTR drives like?"

I know one of my guys posts on GTR Life, I'll link him to the thread. He'll probably respond after work

John
Very cool. Does that loud injector fuel system noise go away with the smaller injectors or is it louder with 12?

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
I've done the switch. Do it and don't look back. I was having to keep my ethanol content below 50% to avoid running out of injector duty. Now I have plenty of headroom, but it drives even better then it did previously. I thought my ASNU 1650's drove really well, but the car is smoother with 12 - 1100's. It even seems to start better.

Another advantage that most aren't mentioning is the moderate intake air temp cooling effect when the 3rd rail is on.

Look up "latent heat of evaporation" if you want to dwelve into the heat energy required to evaporate a liquid. That heat is being drawn from your intake air, thereby effectively lowering you IAT. That's just a small secondary benefit.
Thanks Ryan. This sounds quite good. My car runs really well on the 2000s so I'm trying to determine all the benefits of doing this. My idle and general driveability is really good but needs to be a little rich at idle to make it that way.

Which manifold did you use?

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
The cars are as quiet as they can be..

I think the 2000 is a little noiser so, going to another injector would help ..

·
Registered
697 Posts
Thanks Ryan. This sounds quite good. My car runs really well on the 2000s so I'm trying to determine all the benefits of doing this. My idle and general driveability is really good but needs to be a little rich at idle to make it that way.

Which manifold did you use?
I'm on a boost logic manifold.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks John and all of you. My shop was planning to purchase the kit from you soon John. Mas280 is a good friend he just does not have his car back yet from his tuner so no real world car I've seen yet. Heard enough from the thread to jump in from the above. I really want that small injector drivability back. I have to buy a new manifold also as my Greddy RX doesn't have the threads for third rail and AMS is so pricey albeit it is a beautiful piece of kit so nice that you need a see thru hood to show it off.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I switched over from ID2000 to 12 injector 1000+1150. The idle used to be all over the place going up and down as much as 500rpms at times. After the 12 injector setup the idle is rock steady with or without AC. The power band is also much smoother at lower rpms, Makes the car so much easier to drive normally around town and still makes over 1100whp up top. The engine bay also looks much better and cleaner after upgrading to a boost logic intake manifold. My car feels like brand new again, love it.

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
I switched over from ID2000 to 12 injector 1000+1150. The idle used to be all over the place going up and down as much as 500rpms at times. After the 12 injector setup the idle is rock steady with or without AC. The power band is also much smoother at lower rpms, Makes the car so much easier to drive normally around town and still makes over 1100whp up top. The engine bay also looks much better and cleaner after upgrading to a boost logic intake manifold. My car feels like brand new again, love it.
Are you using ecutek or motec?

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
The cars are as quiet as they can be..

I think the 2000 is a little noiser so, going to another injector would help ..
If one uses the 2000's in the extra rail, wouldn't they be dead quiet until injector controller started adding PW to them? Mine are dead quiet on decel which tells me they would likely be fine to use in extra rail.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I plan to go with 12 1000 cc's for my HP level. My buddy is doing the same on his A12 was thinking asnu 1050 14 hole for primary. I want the best atomization an clean burn for the primaries not sure what would be better for secondaries ?

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
I plan to go with 12 1000 cc's for my HP level. My buddy is doing the same on his A12 was thinking asnu 1050 14 hole for primary. I want the best atomization an clean burn for the primaries not sure what would be better for secondaries ?
What could possibly be better than stock primaries?

·
Registered
191 Posts
I will post up reviews when I get my car back. A12 with JV 12 1000 injectors. I hope it drives like stock, hope to get it back in a few weeks.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Can you run different sized injectors, or do all 12 need to be similar? Does anyone run stock injectors as primary and 2000s as the secondary set?

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Can you run different sized injectors, or do all 12 need to be similar? Does anyone run stock injectors as primary and 2000s as the secondary set?
Technically you can run any mix of injectors. I personally wouldn't keep a large injector like the 2000 as the secondary, especially since it can be prone to have issue with the iron internals. But you could

John

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
What makes you think the stock injector is so good? It's just a small injector. I actually prefer the 1050 Bosch
I'm willing to be a *second* guinea pig using stock primaries

1 - 20 of 42 Posts