Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
COBB Tuning Firmware Engineer (Hacker)
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After banging my head on a wall for a few days, and Will testing a ton of different tables for me I found something that will make a lot of you very happy. We've tested this on our 2010 GT-R and 2012 and it work very nicely. Next step is to move it to real time so that it can be adjusted on they fly and tuned differently for each map slot.

From what I can tell the TCM is the one that sets the launch RPM and the ECU just has a limit. We are still working on the TCM side of things, but this is a huge step in the right direction.

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Awesome news.

Yeah that makes total sense now.

We got a car the other day with JF33B and noticed that Launch Control was set to 2000 by default

JF33A was set higher.

I'm guessing you guys use JF33B on the 2010s?

-John

·
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We use a JF033A and it's set to 2K.

It looks like from what I can tell that the TCM sets the Launch RPM and that this is just a max value set in the ECU. Very strange that LC3 can launch at anything higher than 2000 RPM on the 2010. More fun logic for Eric and I to dig through.

Joe

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
We use a JF033A and it's set to 2K.

It looks like from what I can tell that the TCM sets the Launch RPM and that this is just a max value set in the ECU. Very strange that LC3 can launch at anything higher than 2000 RPM on the 2010. More fun logic for Eric and I to dig through.

Joe
Well what a great way to end a friday!

Keep up the good work guys

-John

·
[ MotorMotives ]
541 Posts
If you've got a good ECU tune, and are running LC4 I don't see why not.

Joe
would the 2012 inlets make any difference?

I know the difference isn't huge (other than tuning), but that would be amazing if you could transform a '10 to a '12 level just by a flash. I thought it would take more than that.

-AJ

·
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
would the 2012 inlets make any difference?

I know the difference isn't huge (other than tuning), but that would be amazing if you could transform a '10 to a '12 level just by a flash. I thought it would take more than that.

-AJ
My honest guess is that with a 2010 with LC4 and a good tune would be faster than a stock 2012. What do you guys think?

Joe

·
Registered
8,455 Posts
I need to open up a transmission shop first, so I can reap the rewards of all the blown up transmissions

Joe
nah.. just have shep give you 10% commission on every tranny that he does due to boost off the line

in all seriousness , I think it will be less violent with say 2000 rpms launch and 4psi on larger turbos - this is not for stock turbos .. its for cars that have gt 30/GT35's have MAJOR bog off the line..

I have seen a launch done with ProEFI /boost off the line and the launch was MUCH smoother than LC1 4500 rpms alone..

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Awesome!

1 - 20 of 91 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.