1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
2,006 Posts
I recently purchased some Nismo accessories from Nengun and, although it took over a month, that was stated ahead of time and everything was delivered as promised. Most parts will have a lead time published on their site so you have an idea of what to expect. There just wasn't a whole lot of communication in between placing the order and delivery. The parts are genuine as far as I can tell.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I've ordered several parts from BlackHawkJapan - no drama the shipping time wasn't bad (pre-covid).

John-

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've ordered from Nengun plenty of times. The lead times are listed, and anytime there was a dely, they had contacted me. I've never had any issues with my transactions. I'd order from them again in the future.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
gotten a few things from nengun and they always delivered as stated

·
Registered
61 Posts
Bought suspension sleeves to use stock springs from Nengun. No issues. Takes awhile to ship as disclosed. It was shipped DHL and arrived within 72 hrs. Make sure u use a credit card that doesn’t charge foreign transaction fee.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I ordered from Nengun too. Stuff arrived pretty quick too. Will order again!

·
Registered
40 Posts

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
Just want to update on a recent issue with Nengun. First test order went well so I ordered a few additional parts for my EVO and GTR. I tracked the parts to Charlotte, NC via DHL where they just sat in a warehouse and said "Undelivered." I contacted Nengun and let them know I was concerned because the parts were local, but not being delivered per the tracking information. Nengun responded and said this was normal so I just needed to wait. A few weeks later the tracking update said the parts were returned to Japan. I informed Nengun and they said they had no idea why, but would know once the parts were received.

Parts finally arrived back at Nengun and they contacted with no mention of why they were returned. Nengun said that in order to ship the parts again I had to pay shipping for a second time, which was another ~$300. I told them that was ridiculous because I made them aware of the issue and they took no action when the parts were sitting in Charlotte, NC. They responded and said they would split the shipping because I should have contacted DHL when the parts were showing as "Undelivered." I told Nengun that I didn't contact DHL because they responded to me saying the issues was normal.

I've since been refunded all of my money, but I won't do business with them again. There was never any explanation given for why the parts were returned to Japan.

·
Premium Member
2,006 Posts
I told them that was ridiculous because I made them aware of the issue and they took no action when the parts were sitting in Charlotte, NC. They responded and said they would split the shipping because I should have contacted DHL when the parts were showing as "Undelivered." I told Nengun that I didn't contact DHL because they responded to me saying the issues was normal.
Sorry to hear about the nightmare. You didn't do anything wrong here.

Just for the sake of others, speaking from my professional experience with DHL as someone who worked in shipping & receiving when I was younger -- when something funny shows up in tracking that isn't easily comprehended, call them immediately especially if the shipment contains big ticket items and reshipment would be a costly, logistical nightmare (i.e. international). DHL is one of those companies that are lumped in with USPS and the lower tier shippers where their f*ck up is never their mistake. Don't expect them to reach out in a timely manner.

·
Registered
24 Posts
FWIW i just got a spoiler from them. It arrived no issues. DHL did call me to confirm the delivery address for some reason but that was it. Pretty straight forward transaction.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts