Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried Rexpeed downpipes or midpipes? In looking specifically at the Rexpeed catted midpipe. The price seems fair. Anyone?

Sent from my SM-F926U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,197 Posts
Didnt know they were making them- they make pretty good quality knock off parts but prices are not far off from the real thing. To me- its worth the few extra bucks for brand name or get used brand name. Just my two cents.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Didnt know they were making them- they make pretty good quality knock off parts but prices are not far off from the real thing. To me- its worth the few extra bucks for brand name or get used brand name. Just my two cents.
Good to know, thanks. Either I find something used on the marketplace or a good deal for a new one. I just hate and refuse to pay the GT-R tax on some freaking pipes. Hopefully I find something soon

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Price for the Rexspeed items do seem fair. They probably all work the same to some extent. It would just be a shame to save $200 and find out the components failed and need to replace them unexpectedly. The labor to replace downpipes (if not DIY) would exceed the cost of buying the brand name items. Cost difference would be minimal if buying used. If any of the Cobb catted midpipes are still around, those would probably be worth the extra $100. AMS or ETS downpipes aren't that much more either.

Reactions: lemmegetit

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Price for the Rexspeed items do seem fair. They probably all work the same to some extent. It would just be a shame to save $200 and find out the components failed and need to replace them unexpectedly. The labor to replace downpipes (if not DIY) would exceed the cost of buying the brand name items. Cost difference would be minimal if buying used. If any of the Cobb catted midpipes are still around, those would probably be worth the extra $100. AMS or ETS downpipes aren't that much more either.
Thank you. You're right. It is not a huge difference in price. I might as well get the GotBoost system for a couple hundred more. It's American made too which is a plus. Thanks for making that decision a little easier.

·
Premium Member
1,197 Posts
If you have time to wait ive found exactly what you want will come up eventually. Ams is american made- boost logic is an american country but not sure if all their parts are us made- i havnt researched this. Really any of the name brands will work fine- ive read a bunch of reviews on knock offs or ebay pipes that dont fit right and leak etc. since it is a b**ch to install downpipes better to do it once like he said and spend little extra. Ive tried out off brands early in ownership (since 2008) and now either save and buy top of line or find top of line used- ive learned my lesson on more than one occasion with this car.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you have time to wait ive found exactly what you want will come up eventually. Ams is american made- boost logic is an american country but not sure if all their parts are us made- i havnt researched this. Really any of the name brands will work fine- ive read a bunch of reviews on knock offs or ebay pipes that dont fit right and leak etc. since it is a b**ch to install downpipes better to do it once like he said and spend little extra. Ive tried out off brands early in ownership (since 2008) and now either save and buy top of line or find top of line used- ive learned my lesson on more than one occasion with this car.
Thanks. For downpipes I will for sure buy something top brand. Might get GotBoost since my midpipes will most likely be from them too. Will be a nice match. For now, my priority is for midpipes then I'll do the downpipes later when I'm ready to go FBO

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Thanks. For downpipes I will for sure buy something top brand. Might get GotBoost since my midpipes will most likely be from them too. Will be a nice match. For now, my priority is for midpipes then I'll do the downpipes later when I'm ready to go FBO

Pretty sure GotBoost does not make downpipes - as I recall, Dave prefers AMS but also might be offering ETS since he works with both companies. Having said that, Dave is good people and has a stellar rep with folks here based on offering top-quality products of his own design or other high-end manufacturers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts