Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I leased a 2012 on a 24 mo lease w 30k miles; i was just wondering how badly Nissan is going to try to nickel and dime for extra charges when i turn in the car at the end of the lease term. This would be useful information also for people considering a lease vs purchase. Does anyone have experience and has actually turned in their GTR lease. I know most other luxury brands are very liberal with lease-end turn-in vehicles; BMW only charges a nominal set fee for worn tires and extra mile charges; no charge for brakes, rotors, pads, door dings etc. My service advisor already made comments about needing new full set pads & rotors for some tiny cracks in my front rotors after 18k miles; I'm wondering if at end of lease with 36k miles their gonna tell me I'm responsible for a 6k set of pads/rotors. I consider small rotor cracks as normal wear and tear. Does anyone know if the leasing company matters too? NMAC vs US Bank? or is lease-end policy set by Nissan?
Thanks for any help...

·
Registered
74 Posts
I leased a 2012 on a 24 mo lease w 30k miles; i was just wondering how badly Nissan is going to try to nickel and dime for extra charges when i turn in the car at the end of the lease term. This would be useful information also for people considering a lease vs purchase. Does anyone have experience and has actually turned in their GTR lease. I know most other luxury brands are very liberal with lease-end turn-in vehicles; BMW only charges a nominal set fee for worn tires and extra mile charges; no charge for brakes, rotors, pads, door dings etc. My service advisor already made comments about needing new full set pads & rotors for some tiny cracks in my front rotors after 18k miles; I'm wondering if at end of lease with 36k miles their gonna tell me I'm responsible for a 6k set of pads/rotors. I consider small rotor cracks as normal wear and tear. Does anyone know if the leasing company matters too? NMAC vs US Bank? or is lease-end policy set by Nissan?
Thanks for any help...
If you turn in the lease Nissan has a third party source to inspected the vehicle. Usually they look at any big scratches, ding, dent, body damage, low tire tread, sometimes they look at brakes and mileage over. Just curious if you purchase the Dent program?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they will always look at tires and mileage, the question is; will they stick me with a bill for rotors and pads? which by Nissan recommendations need to be all changed together; thus sticking me with a potential 5-8k bill at lease end; when i leased the car I asked this question and the manager didn't know...This is important info for those looking to lease this car...

·
GoldMember
1,086 Posts
You can always exercise the buy out at the end.

·
Registered
196 Posts
You may consider the small cracks as wear and tear, but I do not think a potential purchaser would, and I would bet that you would want them changed if you were purchasing the car.

·
GoldMember
1,086 Posts
You can always get the inspection done and make the corrections yourself way cheaper.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
NMAC outsources their inspections to a third party. A few month ahead of time, you can have them inspect your car, and they'll let you know. Then you can fix it yourself or turn it in as is.

When I turned in my 350Z, they were pretty liberal. I had a hugh scratch in the rear fender, and they let it go, plus lots of paint chips from rocks. No charge.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
The way prices are holding might be better to try to sell before lease ends. I heard carmax was actually buying gtr s at a great price.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Kind late to be asking these questions now.....

·
Registered
914 Posts
I gotta believe with the increase in the 2013 pricing that any decent lease that was taken on a 2010 or 2011 would have a buyout at less then going sale pricing. I would think you could buy the car and most likely sell it for a profit.The buyout on my 2010 is $43,500 and i still have about a little less then 2 years left on my lease. I would like to think that my car will still be worth buying at the lease end. I have 5300 miles on the car now and would think i will have somewhere around 13,000 to 15,000 miles at lease end.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Kind late to be asking these questions now.....
haha, true, but when u want something enough, u take risks.....and the money factor/residual made/make this car an unbelievably good lease value; And i agree as a buyer i wouldn't want a car with cracked rotors; by the same token, if this was a BMW or MB, i would take the car right in now and demand new rotors under warranty, and they would change them no problem.....I also wasn't expecting cracked rotors with 15k miles on a car after a year....im just asking if others have actually turned in a GTR and been bent over as I'm expecting....it is what it is...and ill get the next model regardless because i love the car...

·
10' Super SIlver
2,319 Posts
Sorry kind of off topic, how much do you pay monthly for a lease, if you do not mind me asking. And if you owe less than it is worth why not jsut get it fixed and sell it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
2012 perm, 24mo/15k mi per yr; $1308/mo 73% residual nontransferable lease thru NMAC; US Bank is assumable lease has better money factor but worse residual; payments are similar. 24 mo lease may avoid the costly brake replacement and the Transmission service (36k mi on the 12').....but who knows...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.