Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

· Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, Hoping some of you can give me an idea as to how to improve my times. I know my 60ft needs work. I feel pretty slow for the amount of modifications I have. Mods are as follows:

Ported 2012 turbo inlets
GBP Midpipe
GBP Speed Density kit
GBP Flex Fuel kit
HKS Legamax
AMS Downpipe
DW 65c Fuel Pumps (pair)
ASNU 1650cc Injectors
GBP Intakes
GFB BOVs
Ecutek tuned by Ben Linney

Went out Friday night to test some tweaks from Ben on the tune and boost by gear. Was on E85 (77% Ethanol reading), about 65 degrees outside. Track prep was pretty good too as they had an event the next day. DA was about 1271 (calculated at dragtimes.com).

Boost by gear: 1st - Wastegate, 2nd- 70%, 3rd/6th - 100%

Running 20" R888 all around. 285 front, 315 rear. Rear tire was at 23psi, front I left as they were moving quick. Believe is was 30psi.

Run 1:
Running R/R/Off, auto shifting, about 18lbs of boost
60ft: 1.74
1/4 Et: 10.89
1/4 Mph: 129.53

Not a lot of wheelspin. LC rpm was around 3000.

Run 2:
Running R/R/Off, auto shifting, about 19Lbs of boost
60ft: 1.78
1/4 Et: 10.97
1/4 Mph: 129.53

Lot more wheelspin and slight wheel hop. Launched around 3500.

Run 3:Running R/C/Off, auto shifting, around 19lbs of boost
60ft: 1.84
1/4 Et: 11.09
1/4 Mph: 128.9

Wheelspin but not as bad as run 2. Launched around 3250.

Times are pretty consistent just not sure why I'm having trouble getting to mid 10s. Obviously my 60ft sucks. With the small tweaks I made each run I thought I'd slowly dial it in but I'm a little lost at this point. I'm open to suggestions/opinions/advice. Thanks.

· Registered
223 Posts
What condition are your R888's in? My understanding is that with FBO+85 on good tires you could launch at 3800-4100 all day long, full boost in first gear and should nail somewhere between a 1.5-1.6x. I know with at set of 18" R888's (rear) that's what I was able to do launching at 4100rpm.

Have you tried launching full tilt in 1st gear yet with the R888's?

· Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The R888s still have plenty of life left. I tried 100% in first gear when I was detuned on my smaller injectors and ended up spinning all through first and wheel hopping pretty bad. That however was at a different track that was poorly prepped.

· Registered
144 Posts
The R888s still have plenty of life left. I tried 100% in first gear when I was detuned on my smaller injectors and ended up spinning all through first and wheel hopping pretty bad. That however was at a different track that was poorly prepped.
would be interesting to know what is the cause of it. Have you checked the logs, anything strange there? despite 60ft numbers, i would like to see higher mph

· Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haven't looked at any logs yet. Ben and I have been working on a slight misfire at idle but car appears to run fine. I agree Mph seems pretty low.

· R.I.P. Paul Walker
7,487 Posts
Mph is a lil low and the ET is a lil high too. Sometimes the track can just read the mph low..but the ET is the et

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using GT-R Life mobile app

· Registered
3,587 Posts
Your title is misleading as 2/3 of your runs you got into the 10's. Yeah try to increase boost in 1st or atleast 2nd and launch it at 4100 if you can. If not lower it down a bit (3600-3800). Considering I think you did okay. Sounds like some fine tuning is needed for the launch to get the right balance if prep is not that great.

· Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The title is a bit misleading. It's just frustrating knowing I can go faster and I'm finding myself a bit stuck as how to do so. I'll have Ben do full power 2nd gear and see how it goes.

What is everyone running for tire pressure? It seems most here are launching at a higher rpm but I'm seem to be spinning/wheel hopping first gear at 3400+.

· Registered
1,226 Posts
Why is traction control off? I thought thats what gave the car the good hook up? I never liked launching in Comf due to the soft setting allowed way to much front wheel spin off the line (too much weight bias to the rears

· Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
VDC off is how the ecutek launch control is set up. I did one run in comfort but I experienced quite a bit of wheelspin and will probably stick to R although I'm sure i'll continue to experiment with both.

· Registered
10,370 Posts
On 20" R888 and E85 and an aggressive tune (you're not obviously) you should be trapping 135+ full weight.

I say your not on an aggressive tune as you should be full boost all gears, LC set at 3800 and let it rip. No BOTL. I didn't recall seeing that.

Even with shotty track prep, your mph should still be there.

Have Ben give you full boost by gear and then use your LC adjustability to dial in your shorts.

Good luck and like others have said. At least you have a 10 second time slip ;)

· Registered
1,226 Posts
VDC off is how the ecutek launch control is set up. I did one run in comfort but I experienced quite a bit of wheelspin and will probably stick to R although I'm sure i'll continue to experiment with both.
Good to know. Ill need to make sure when mine is tuned I keep the LC5 since Im still under warranty and launching with VDC off is a quick way to lose coverage

· Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'll definitely have to play with some tunes next time I go to the track. Hopefully I can make it out Friday.

My plan is to try 100% all gears at about 3800 LC. If I blow the tires off I'll try dialing down the LC rpm then go boost by gear if I'm not hooking. Any advice on tire pressure?

I am happy being 10s finally. Just want more

· Will trade patents for car parts
507 Posts
So, do you have a DCT tune which allows launch control with traction control off? I thought that needed to be in R mode (as with Trans) in order to invoke launch control.

I am planning to hit the local 1/8th in a few weeks and need to figure out how best to launch. I have Ecutek, but no trans tune right now.

· Registered
200 Posts
I have the hybrid nismo tcm tune from Ben. You can run the advanced traction control in R/R/Off even with VDC off if I'm not mistaken. The key to the advanced traction control is having the suspension setting in R mode IIRC.

· Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Last I checked, Ecutek tunes from Ben Linney weren't Walmart tunes but thanks for the input. What would not be considered a "Walmart" tune?

· Registered
10,370 Posts
1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.