Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
If anyone in Hawaii is interested in a Used (2nd owner) 2015 Nismo GTR in Super Silver with Nismo Titanium exhaust, let me know. It's in Maui with a bit over 1600 miles.

The owner is moving to an ultra rare exotic and is selling his hardly used Nismo. It is well taken care of and is not yet listed for sale.

Car looks similar to this one in Ontario CA.
http://www.cars.com/...26145/overview/

·
I ❤️ Oil & Gas
5,619 Posts
By NISMO exhaust, is this the titanium exhaust option?

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Anyone interested? Post here.

·
Registered
160 Posts
How fast can you drive in Hawaii .
The speed limits we 60 km hr on most roads. Often less than that. That is like caging a big dog up in a small apartment all day long

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How fast can you drive in Hawaii .
The speed limits we 60 km hr on most roads. Often less than that. That is like caging a big dog up in a small apartment all day long
The Nismo GTR is on Maui.

You can't drive fast in urban areas, many freeways have posted speed limits of 45 to 50 mph which are commonly enforced. The highest speed limits are only in two areas, a short stretch on the H1 freeway headed out from central Oahu to Kapolei (towards Ko Olina resort) and uphill on the H2 freeway from Halawa interchange to the tunnel.

Suburban streets are 25 to 30 mph unless you get to a divided four lane highway then it is 40-45 mph

There is NO track in Hawaii, just a few drag strips on Maui and on Kauai.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Suburban streets are 25 to 30 mph unless you get to a divided four lane highway then it is 40-45 mph

There is NO track in Hawaii, just a few drag strips on Maui and on Kauai.
doesn't really sound like living in paradise to me lol

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
doesn't really sound like living in paradise to me lol
It is if you like water sports, hiking and beaches.

No cold weather, no snow. There is no home heating and few every wear jackets.

Sunny but not too hot year round from 70 to 85 most of the time with 15 mph breezes.

For cars there is SCCA autocross and rallycross nearly year round, few months break in summer.

Now if we had a dedicated track (like we did from 1960 to 2006) then we would be set but it closed and there has been no replacement.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
It's not very car friendly from a hobby point of view

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's not very car friendly from a hobby point of view
I think not having a track doesn't really stop people from trying to have project cars to work on that they can drive on the street. Building a track dedicated car is another matter but still not out of the question if they don't mind shipping the car to Maui for the drag strip there.

If you attend the various car shows you see that indeed there are many nice show cars and project cars in Hawaii, I had a mainland import tuner come out a few years back and he noted right away that in general Hawaii's streets had quite a few modded cars.

Of course it could be better but the lack of a track is the reality we have to live with. There is a movement to build a Kona Motorsports Park but it's had to deal with various delays.

see
http://hawaiitribune-herald.com/news/local-news/kona-motorsport-park-plans-tweaked

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
I feel so fortunate to live near Road America. Imagine living near the Nurburgring!

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Curious to know the cost to get the car to Mainland USA >> California. Anyone know?

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Is there a street racing scene in Hawaii?
Yes, and some deaths and accidents to go along with it.

In fact a leading cause of death and injury in young military personnel is due to accidents involving motorcycles and cars speeding.

There are no well known obvious secret straight roads used for informal drag racing in the middle of the night.

However this article does mention racing does happen-
http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/28925040/inside-oahus-illegal-street-racing-scene

Police reported that street racing was down after the only Oahu track closed in 2006-
http://www.honolulumagazine.com/Honolulu-Magazine/September-2006/Racing-on-the-Streets/

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1 - 20 of 22 Posts