Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Bone Stock
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished detailing my 2012 Jet Black GT-R Black Edition.

Used:
Dawn soap + Foammaster
Pinnacle blue clay
HD Uno + PC 7424 + LC Yellow pad
HD Uno + PC 7424 + LC Orange pad
HD Uno + PC 7424 + LC Black pad
IPA spray down
C-Quartz

I gotta say, I was disappointed with C-Quartz. After I was done, the car looked a bit stale and the paint felt dry. I let it cure for a few days, and I really wasn't too happy with the look or the feel. It failed the "slip test", but I guess it provides more protection than looks.

I looked into HD Nitro Seal, which is a long acting sealant (lasts 12-18 months). It touts the ability to last a long time with the jetting ability of a carnauba wax. It's a two part application, where Part A gets the "stick" to the paint, and Part B adds a Montan wax for the jetting factor. It definitely passes the "slip test":

Needless to say, I was really happy with the look. Much easier to apply than C-Quartz as well. More pics forthcoming.

·
Bone Stock
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Didn't have a lot of time before work today to take good pics--will have to get some better ones this weekend.

before:
Water Atmosphere Light Natural environment Sky

Attachments

·
Bone Stock
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
HD Uno is a microabrasive polish that works as a cutting polish, smoothing polish, finishing polish and more based on what pad you use and the speed in which you use it. I really like it so far--much simpler than using multiple polishes and really worked quite well for me.

Here's a more detailed description of it:
http://presidentialdetails.com/im-having-issues-with-hd-uno/

·
Bone Stock
236 Posts
very nice! sorry to hear you had bad experience with C-quartz... This how I applied it and applied very very thin.

if you're seeing milky or haze spot, you can use a light polish like Menz 85rd + 80 or higher ppi pad to straighten it.
yeah, I applied it correctly, but I just wasn't happy with the look or the feel of my paint after I put it on. I like my paint very smooth and slippery to the touch and C-Quartz just didn't do that for me. I put it on for the protection, but I wanted something better optically for my car.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
HD Uno is a microabrasive polish that works as a cutting polish, smoothing polish, finishing polish and more based on what pad you use and the speed in which you use it. I really like it so far--much simpler than using multiple polishes and really worked quite well for me.

Here's a more detailed description of it:
http://presidentiald...es-with-hd-uno/
Thanks for the info! First polish I've seen that works by itself through different phases of polishing (different pads)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.