Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Welcome...headed to Manila next week.
Man u just about finished your car and now your leaving it. Shame shame shame!

Have a good trip

And to the OP. welcome. The PI has a well modded example of a full build floating around hope you get to see him

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Just wanted to say hi to all of you. Learning a lot about the R35 in the forum. :)
Welcome! I'd like to see what the PI looks like now. I lived there for seven years over two military assignments in the 70's and 80's.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Just wanted to say hi to all of you. Learning a lot about the R35 in the forum. :)
Hello and Welcome,
from Manila too.
see you around town

what color did u get?

·
Registered
755 Posts
Welcome! I'd like to see what the PI looks like now. I lived there for seven years over two military assignments in the 70's and 80's.
You would still recognize it. There have been allot of changes on Clark and on the old Subic Naval Station, but AC and Olongapo City look pretty much as they did in 1991. There are a few new malls that have been built and they have improved the highway system considerably, but other than that, the same.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
I was stationed on Clark Air Base from '76 to '81, then on San Miguel Naval Communications Station from '82 to '85. Oh, and I went on vacation in the PI in '89, and stayed in Manila, Olongapo, and Leyte. Anyway, you guys must be into some serious bucks if you can afford a GT-R in the PI.

·
R33 Member
958 Posts
Welcome... safe drive.

·
AMGfan
2,786 Posts
Well arrived last night and finally got settled into my hotel...I usually visit 2-3 times a year. Plan to stay in Manila for the majority of the time and probably going to visit relatives in Pampanga (San Fernando) and play some golf there.

Hope to stop by the Sunday exotic car meet @ Fort Bonafacio...

A couple of things...

1. I rented a car through Budget...first of all my reservation was for pickup at the airport. Go figure no cars available at the airport and the shuttle van that they use was coded for Monday...so I got a ride on that shuttle van to another car at their airport parking area so they could take me to their Pasay office. So we are driving to the normal crazy traffic on Roxas and then he starts taking the back streets to this office. In my head I am freaking out, since I felt like I might get jacked and it looked like I was heading deeeep into Beirut...I was just thinking of what the hell to do during a worst case scenario situation...it was a long flight fellas so excuse me if I was over reacting...

So after a 45 minutes to cover 5km...we finally get to the Budget office...relief was an understatement.

2. My GTR on the 21's and 20 profiles would not last a half hour in normal driving around Manila. If they did, I would have a nervous breakdown trying to figure out where NOT to drive...the Honda Accord I've rented is perfect for Manila driving...which I'm used to...but thankfully don't have to live with all year round.

3. Not even 5 minutes at my hotel, I spotted a he/she and several ladies of the evening trolling the lounge...I was tired from the flight but not that tired...

4. I relish going to the barber here...just got back and spent hour and half in the chair. Haircut, shave, manicure, foot spa/pedicure, head/neck/back massage...all for $25. I always feel bad since I'm so used to US prices that I always tip well...I spent another $20 on the tip but its worth it. In the province, its even cheaper.

5. New World Hotel...its alright...first time here and its convenient location for what I need to get done. A lot of renovation going on so noise levels are up. Folks are nice though...BUT no wi-fi in rooms which sucks...just cable connection so business travelers with Mac Airs you are SOL like me...who is why I'm typing this in the lounge with a pre-paid wifi card. I'll probably switch to Shangri-La next week after I get back from Pampanga...

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hi SL%% you made the right choice. What color gtr do you have? We just might happen to cross each others path someday.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hello and Welcome,
from Manila too.
see you around town

what color did u get?
Hey Jeff how are you? Was about to text you last Saturday, but as usual, I wasn't able to get up that early in the morning. This Sunday is the Condura marathon, can't make it again. :(

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.