Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my parents are looking to buy me, my first car. They offered to lease an M3 or A5 / S4 etc. But I'm really convinced buying a used GTR is way better. Where can I find a GTR (any year) for under 65K, less than 20K Miles ? I want a monthly payment for around 800$ how much would I have to put down ? This dealership selling a GTR for around 64K required me to put 30K down. Best financial advice for buying a GTR. If not which car under 60K would you recommend I lease or buy and why ?

·
Registered
914 Posts
How old are you? If the GTR is going to be your first car i would want you to be aware that you need to respect any car with this kind of power.Im sure your parents would regret getting it for you if you hurt yourself or someone else.Be wise, be smart,be careful.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
^^^ +10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

You do NOT need a GTR as your first car... That's a horrible fvcking idea. You have not even the slightest understanding of how handling a car works, there's no need for you to be put in basically a race car as your first car.

Stick with the A5

·
Registered
914 Posts
My son now drives an 09 370z but the first car i bought for him was a BMW X5. This way i felt a little more secure knowing he had a car that he could feel comfortable with while he learned that there are tons of A**holes out there that you need to watch out for. Its alot easier to avoid them going 40-50MPH than if you are going 90-100 in a GTR.Dont get me wrong,you can go fast and drive like an idiot in any car but a young inexperienced driver with a GTR under foot is almost guaranteed to get in a position that he might not be able to get out of. I feel a special relationship with my fellow GTR owners on this forum and i would hate for any of them or their family members to be hurt because of unintentional abuse of the power of the car.This goes for all the younger drivers who read this forum and long for a GTR,be patient and all good things will come to you at the right time.

·
Registered
139 Posts
dude don't buy a gtr for your first car. my parents offered to buy me anything i wanted and i chose a 'measly' 300hp IS350. let me tell you about how many times i almost died in that car. Don't do it. lease something else, perhaps an S4!

·
Registered
705 Posts
dude don't buy a gtr for your first car. my parents offered to buy me anything i wanted and i chose a 'measly' 300hp IS350. let me tell you about how many times i almost died in that car. Don't do it. lease something else, perhaps an S4!
IS350 was my first car as well. That car is fast enough for a first car. Almost died a few times myself lol.

S4, 328i, C300, or even a WRX or something is what i recommend.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Oh geez....another one of these threads....

·
Premium Member
11,288 Posts
We need more pics of f'ed up gtr's! Honestly tho just help a bro out. What he does is whatever and you shouldn't care. Remember that dushé bag on the zilvia forums? He still has a gtr and is a big looser but nothing anyone can do. Just relax... The world will do whatever.

Also buying a used gtr you may run into problems ... Be prepared to pay for mantenice and possibly a new trans if you buy the wrong used gtr.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I drove many types of car in my life and the GT-R is no joke. This car will make you feel like you can do more than you can. This will get you into trouble. Get a use Evo and pay it off. For a young kid, this car will get you a lot of attention and maybe the wrong kind of attention too. The GT-R will always be there. Take your time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I drove many types of car in my life and the GT-R is no joke. This car will make you feel like you can do more than you can. This will get you into trouble. Get a use Evo and pay it off. For a young kid, this car will get you a lot of attention and maybe the wrong kind of attention too. The GT-R will always be there. Take your time.
Thanks !

·
The World Warrior
7,254 Posts
Parents actually buy expensive cars like these for their kids? You need to get a Honda Civic.

·
Registered
705 Posts
At 17 I got my IS350 (300hp), my personal opinion for your first car I don't think the car should have more than 300hp..it is more than enough trust me.

Don't get a Civic haha..

What kind of parents would even consider the GT-R as a first car though? That's crazy, really putting your kid in danger unless you really trust he/she

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.