Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
MAJJ
ALPHA 9
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help, i'm paranoid!! Was driving back today from Ny to Bos, floored it a few times and played around with a Turbo S. Temps were all normal.
I was bored at one point on 6th gear letting go of the gas pedal and then gently tap it to hear that exhaust "pop". A few miles later I get a "Engine Malfunction Warning" and "Service engine soon" I checked the codes on the AccessPORT and got P2096 (no desc.) & P0159 (heated o2 sensor).

Car is driving normally, its Sunday so everything is closed. Took a service appointment at Nissan on Tue.
I drive my car daily,
-should I be worried? I parked and couldn't see any leak on ground.
-Any ideas what the problem is? Will it damage engine in any way?
-Cost to fix whatever the issue is?

Thanks guys

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
My bet you will report back it was a burp and no real issue at all.
Diagnosis first then treatment plan and cost estimate.
Right now, best guess is cost will be a few hundred.

·
MAJJ
ALPHA 9
1,839 Posts
I'm not worried as long as it doesn't cause further engine damage, or costly repairs.

If its an o2 sensor problem, is covered under warranty? or no since I have aftermarket dp,mp,cat

·
MAJJ
ALPHA 9
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There's definitely a difference when I start the car. It turns on faster, but deeper and not as loud as it would. Drives fine tho.

How do i clear the codes. On my AP, i have reset Ecu. If I reset ecu, will it go back to factory ecu, and gear learn is gone?
Gadget Automotive tire Communication Device Audio equipment Font

Attachments

·
Registered
465 Posts
I wouldn't drop it at a dealer personally lol, I'd wait for it to become a recurring issue. The car is protecting itself with that and trust me if it were a dangerous code there would be more going on lol.

My advice don't let a dealer dig around a custom tuned car or start overwriting things, or playing around, unless its absolutely needed, which at that point its likely do to an engine blowing/trans etc.

Should be fine, talk to your tuner before you trust nissan techs lol I know how scary it can be lol

·
MAJJ
ALPHA 9
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I wouldn't drop it at a dealer personally lol, I'd wait for it to become a recurring issue. The car is protecting itself with that and trust me if it were a dangerous code there would be more going on lol.

My advice don't let a dealer dig around a custom tuned car or start overwriting things, or playing around, unless its absolutely needed, which at that point its likely do to an engine blowing/trans etc.

Should be fine, talk to your tuner before you trust nissan techs lol I know how scary it can be lol
I mean I'm already scheduled for service tomorrow so I might have them check for exhaust leaks. They also have to replace underpanel screws, few are rusty from snow

·
Registered
367 Posts
I'm getting the same code from bank 2. Pretty sure its the upper 02 sensor on the drivers side. It seems its common for them to go. Just ordered one from amazon.

·
MAJJ
ALPHA 9
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm getting the same code from bank 2. Pretty sure its the upper 02 sensor on the drivers side. It seems its common for them to go. Just ordered one from amazon.
Are u getting the other code too, P2096? It doesn't have a description. Taking it for service today so ill have them check it out.

·
Registered
17 Posts
P2096 is a post catalyst fuel trim fault, this points towards the downstream sensors as these monitor the efficiency of the catalysts. If you have catless downpipes I would just get your tuner to turn off the relevant DTC's.

·
MAJJ
ALPHA 9
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
OFF TOPIC: i had my service done today and I asked the GTR tech at the dealership to check my underpanel screws for rust & damage. He told me a few were rusty, and few were damaged.

He told me to order the screws is around $100 and labor another $100-$150. That sounds wrong.

Any idea where i can find those same screws and do it myself?

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
OFF TOPIC: i had my service done today and I asked the GTR tech at the dealership to check my underpanel screws for rust & damage. He told me a few were rusty, and few were damaged.

He told me to order the screws is around $100 and labor another $100-$150. That sounds wrong.

Any idea where i can find those same screws and do it myself?
what did he say about the codes?
also wouldnt that just be covered under the b2b warranty????

·
Registered
9,701 Posts
This should help:

http://www.gtrlife.com/forums/topic/57385-changing-understray-bolts-screws-and-clips-info-needed/

"I replaced mine w/ all stainless steel hardware from mcmaster, use the parts below:"

95211A180 - 2 Packs Metric Type 316 Ss Large-diameter Flat Washer, M8 Screw Size, 24mm Od, 1.8mm-2.2mm Thick

95211A160 - 1 Pack Metric Type 316 Ss Large-diameter Flat Washer, M6 Screw Size, 18mm Od, 1.4mm-1.8mm Thick

93635A318 - 3 Packs Metric 316 Stainless Steel Hex Head Cap Screw, M8 Size, 20mm Length, 1.25mm Pitch, Fully Thread

93635A212 - 1 Pack Metric 316 Stainless Steel Hex Head Cap Screw, M6 Size, 20 Mm Length, 1 Mm Pitch, Fully Thread

1 - 20 of 28 Posts