Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to these forums! So excuse if I posted in the wrong spot......

But I recently financed a '15 GTR black edition; the salesperson and I agreed on a price. But it's been two months and I was just going over my papers, and noticed the sale price was 2500$ more than what we discussed. It says Vehicle Price..$$$$$
I don't know if I should go in and Spaz on the dealership, call Nissan, call a lawyer.. Is this legal?
I've already had other problems with the dealership, but this tops it.

Anyone else have the same issue, or any tips on what I should do next?

· Registered
589 Posts
did they by chance include a 1 year maintenance plan on the invoice?

Dealers are shady. They do their best to throw things at you to distract you from the bottom line. They trick you into getting focused on a monthly payment and sneak in something that they don't think you'll notice until its too late.

· Registered
3,992 Posts
It is surprising to see oddball paint protection and other unrequested add ons. You must read before signing even though excited to drive the new car home.

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't see any of that listed, but I did get an extended warranty package, including wheel warranty for an extra 3 years.. Which I was persuaded and BS'ed into getting. But I guess it's still a good investment for even if I do want to sell it in the future.

The extra 2500 they charged is actually showing in the "vehicle price." Not in a separate column; as the extended warranty, tax, title, etc fees show separately..

I called the salesperson today, but he said just 'go talk to finance'. Which I do not really want to deal with those people anymore. Thinking if I should just file a complaint with BBB and see how it goes.
It's nissan of Garden City, in NY; looking at their reviews it shows they are really shady!

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And yes! I was a little too distracted by the car, and was there for 6 hours that day getting paperwork done. So it totally went past my mind. I just wanted to get in and get out. Didn't expect a dealership to try and steal an extra 2500 off an already high priced sale..

· Registered
298 Posts
Auto dealers are often regulated by specific guidelines where states may instigate unique governing rules and governing bodies. Check with your state to see if there are auto dealer regulations and channels to submit complaints. Here in Canada there are provincial auto dealer licensing bodies that closely regulate and monitor dealer activity and provide exclusive complaint channels and take dealer complaints very seriously. They have the authority to fine the dealer, suspend and even remove the dealer license.

I wish I had known this earlier when I fought my dealer for months about a tire road hazard warranty they charged me for but refused to honor. It was finally resolved when I threatened to complain to the local licensing body.

Good luck with your over charge.

· Registered
458 Posts
I don't see any of that listed, but I did get an extended warranty package, including wheel warranty for an extra 3 years.. Which I was persuaded and BS'ed into getting. But I guess it's still a good investment for even if I do want to sell it in the future.

The extra 2500 they charged is actually showing in the "vehicle price." Not in a separate column; as the extended warranty, tax, title, etc fees show separately..

I called the salesperson today, but he said just 'go talk to finance'. Which I do not really want to deal with those people anymore. Thinking if I should just file a complaint with BBB and see how it goes.
It's nissan of Garden City, in NY; looking at their reviews it shows they are really shady!
Um... he said 'go talk to finance', so how about you go talk to finance? the sales person knows the agreed upon price, finance will confirm with the sales person and update your agreement. Maybe it was just a goof?

or maybe they are shady, who knows, but unless you are willing to talk to them you wont find out.

· Registered
113 Posts

I took my car in for service there and they ended up charging me 890$ to replace 1 tire. These people are scum bags sending out my tire and billing me 200$ for labor just because I own a GTR. That will never happen if it was a sentra i told the manager. After hours of arguing and calling the cops they ended up reducing this bullshit tax. I feel terrible that they screwed you over as well. This is pretty much every Nissan dealer in Long island. They simply overcharge every GTR owner.

· Registered
2,156 Posts
yep gotta pay attention when you sign contracts. When i just bought my 2015 they were off by 1k on the agreed price. If i would not have been paying attention i would have taken a 1k hit. Once you sign its done.

· Registered
86 Posts
Bought my 2012 Premium from Dublin Nissan in California. We settled to a agreed price but when I was about to signed my contract, my best friend (accountant) noticed a 1,990 extra paint protection they added as extra cost to my total contract. I didn't notice it at first since I was really excited to get it over with. Question the finance guy, he said he thought I agreed to it, in which I didn't even know about it. So he removed it and I signed the contract without any other sneaky fees.

Yes, this is from Dublin Nissan in California.

Just be careful when signing stuff and always bring a second pair of eyes to look over the contract. Its a contract for a reason... I hope the dealership you dealing with can help you...

· Registered
450 Posts
I'm sorry, but if you've done well enough in life to buy a 100k car you should be capable of reading what you are signing.

Anyways deals must keep all personal info on file for compliance reasons. Go back to the dealer and ask them for a copy of the buyers agreement you signed with your salesman and compare with your contract. I'm sure someone there could explain the numbers to you.

18,325 Posts
During the negotiations, did the salesman use a 4-square form to confirm all the details? If so, that should be in the documents the dealership keeps on file. If it was all a verbal agreement, and you've signed all the documents, you're out of luck on that one. Legal documents require reviewing before you sign them. Loan has long been funded and there's no cooling off period.

As someone else asked, was there a trade in? If so, was there a payoff on that trade? If so, was there negative equity in the trade? There's times where dealerships will overallow for a trade on the final paperwork so that the finance company doesn't view it as negative equity being rolled in.

-James

· Registered
139 Posts
Bought my 2012 Premium from Dublin Nissan in California. We settled to a agreed price but when I was about to signed my contract, my best friend (accountant) noticed a 1,990 extra paint protection they added as extra cost to my total contract. I didn't notice it at first since I was really excited to get it over with. Question the finance guy, he said he thought I agreed to it, in which I didn't even know about it. So he removed it and I signed the contract without any other sneaky fees.

Yes, this is from Dublin Nissan in California.

Just be careful when signing stuff and always bring a second pair of eyes to look over the contract. Its a contract for a reason... I hope the dealership you dealing with can help you...
I got screwed by Dublin nissan also, when i asked about the added security sticker to my contract. The finance guy passed the buck in the sales person

Sent from my SM-N910V using GT-R Life mobile app

· Registered
2,296 Posts
My sales contract and finance contract showed different prices also. I was asked to presign the finance contract because the finance manager had to "leave early". Lesson learned. I contacted the dealership and got the run around.

I found out who the principals of the dealership was through the Secretary of State website. I sent them a small claims court notice of suit. One day later I received a call with a check for the difference in price plus $2500 for my inconvenience.

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I ended up calling Nissan corporate, but all they said was they "can't do anything, but will file a case" for me.
Then I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, this actually helped since the next day I got a call from the sales manager and was told to come in and speak with him.
Ended up getting $2000 back, which is better than nothing..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.