Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.... Yeah I know how the hell did this happen. I dont know myself. Tried to open the car as usual in the morning in my garage and it was locked. Any Suggestions?

2nd key got lost camping....

·
Registered
468 Posts
CAA if you're Canadian.
AAA if you're American.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
My door doesn't lock if the key is inside. I tried it.

·
Turbo AWD or Nothing
1,223 Posts

·
Sophisticated
2,980 Posts
Lock your car.

Put the key in your pocket

Push the button on the trunk to open it.

Take the key out if your pocket and put it in the trunk and close it.

Your locked out!

·
Registered
233 Posts
It can happen and has happened to me in the C6 on a road trip... I had the FOB in a backpack when I stopped for gas. I shut the door, pump the fuel and the door wouldn't open. What a fun few hours..

If you can reach the FOB and move it, the car should see it.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Lock your car.

Put the key in your pocket

Push the button on the trunk to open it.

Take the key out if your pocket and put it in the trunk and close it.

Your locked out!
From the owners manual (2011, page 3-12)

When the trunk lid is closed with the Intelligent Key inside the trunk, the outside buzzer will sound and the trunk will open.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Umm, before doing that, make sure the key is actually in the car.
A better alternative would be to find your key number plate and order a new key fob set. Not sure if you need to bring the car into the dealership to have the new keys registered.

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Car battery could have died while key was inside...

Cheese

·
Sophisticated
2,980 Posts
From the owners manual (2011, page 3-12)

When the trunk lid is closed with the Intelligent Key inside the trunk, the outside buzzer will sound and the trunk will open.
I have a 2010 and I can lock the fob in the trunk. Fiksegts's 2012 can ALSO have his key locked in the trunk.

Try it. You will see.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I have a 2011 and I have unlocked the passenger side door and thrown the key fob down on the passenger seat and then walked around to the driver's seat and tried the button to unlock the door and couldn't unlock it. I would guess that my problem and most of the "locking yourself out" is probably due to low batteries in the key fob??

I have a 2010 and I can lock the fob in the trunk. Fiksegts's 2012 can ALSO have his key locked in the trunk.

Try it. You will see.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.