Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need your help people:

I left a deposit for a September Delivery 2012 BE.
September has come and is now almost gone...

I am getting very antsy, especially with the news of the 2013 possible power bump.
I talked to the dealer and he does not want to allow me to transfer my deposit to a 2013. I reread my contract and it allows the dealer a 90-day delay.

I live up north in Canada and will have to store the car probably by the end of October with the first snow fall. That gives me a month of driving at the most. Talk about taking a hit! While I am at it, I would much rather wait a few more months and get a 2013. Should have listened to the wife!


Any advices?
 

·
GTR Hokie
Joined
·
375 Posts
Well if that's what the contract says, that's tough. I would read it very carefully and see if there are any other outs. Also look to see when it starts. 90 days from Sept 1, from when you signed, from end of Sept? Usually there is an out somewhere.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well if that's what the contract says, that's tough. I would read it very carefully and see if there are any other outs. Also look to see when it starts. 90 days from Sept 1, from when you signed, from end of Sept? Usually there is an out somewhere.
I think you guys misunderstood me.

I signed the contract the beginning of the Summer. In the contract, the dealer stated that the car was due to be delivered in September. The contract also states that the dealer is allowed a 90-day delay from the date promised. This means that I will have to accept a delivery until mid November (ie. 90 days after the last day of September). Just in time to have its ass hauled to storage.

Guess nobody on this board has been in this situation? Anybody see an out?
 

·
R36 Member
Joined
·
796 Posts
Sorry Yellokilo - I don't really see a way out of this one...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,862 Posts
I think you guys misunderstood me.

I signed the contract the beginning of the Summer. In the contract, the dealer stated that the car was due to be delivered in September. The contract also states that the dealer is allowed a 90-day delay from the date promised. This means that I will have to accept a delivery until mid November (ie. 90 days after the last day of September). Just in time to have its ass hauled to storage.

Guess nobody on this board has been in this situation? Anybody see an out?
Not to make things worse but 90 days after the end of September would take you basically to the end of December, not mid Nov. Any other "out" clauses in the contract? Subject to financing approval or anything like that? Prob. a few options...
  • Try and find someone else to take your "slot" and take them to the dealer; dealer won't care who's buying the car
  • Do nothing, hope the dealer doesn't have a car available and the clock runs out (do you know if the car has been built/is in transit, or is Hunt Club screwing around trying to find a car out of someone elses allocation for you and work a trade with another dealer)
  • Pay a consumer protection lawyer a few bucks to look over the contract and see if there is a way out (likely difficult now given the length of time)
  • If you've got a minimal downpayment, figure out if you're willing to walk away from that. If so then try some hardball (2013 or you won't complete the deal).
At the end of the day the 2013s are speculation on the power bump, so maybe its significant, maybe its tweaking, maybe its nothing (like from 2009-2011). Maybe Nissan tacks another $10K onto the price and the 2012 looks like a deal. If you bail then you're "back in the queue" waiting for a car again, and next year this time you'll be having the same remorse after another summer of not driving a GT-R, and hearing about the rumoured "power bump" coming with the 2014s (do you pull out of line again and then wait for a 2014?).

I'd wait it out and look at it as a "win-win" no matter what. If Hunt Club finds you a car, then maybe you get to drive it a bit before the snow flies, and if not you're got it ready to go on the first clear day in March (rather than waiting around for a 2013 that you'll get "sometime next year") and you've prob. saved a bit of money on the likely price increase for the 2013s. If Hunt Club doesn't find you a car then you've got options to either keep waiting with them or try one of the bigger Toronto/Montreal dealers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
271 Posts
You won't be disappointed w/2012. Don't be upset. I say minimal change on 2013 and if there are lots of change, it's gonna cost 100k+. Use that extra money to make your 12 faster.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,640 Posts
Worst case scenario if you have to buy the 2012 and you don't want to keep it, don't drive it and try to sell privately. You should be able to get the large majority of your money back. Since the GT-R is hard to get a hold of, especially in Canada, there might be a small market for you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Worst case scenario if you have to buy the 2012 and you don't want to keep it, don't drive it and try to sell privately. You should be able to get the large majority of your money back. Since the GT-R is hard to get a hold of, especially in Canada, there might be a small market for you.
Thanks for all your help guys.
The dealer is supposed to call me today with an update. I will keep you posted.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
389 Posts
Kilo... Just get your 2012, you won't regret it, and you can mod the differences they come out with.

Cheese
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
same situation as you. I am getting my 2012 tomorrow. I had a clause that if they did not find it in 3 weeks I had an out.
I am happy with the 2012 and will get it for a full month before it goes in storage. 10K on price with tax etc... gets close 12K more. Also, the 2013's may only roll out in April...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Update:

Car is supposedly in Montreal since Sept.20th and has been cleared for transport by Nissan.
HOWEVER..... they cannot get a "secure/safe" truck to bring it to Ottawa!
No ETA for me sadly.

I guess I will have to enjoy my 2012 through the board (ie. you guys) for now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
if you get the 2013 you'll be faster than 3/4 the cars out there, if you get the 2012 you'll still be faster than 3/4 of the cars out there
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
if you get the 2013 you'll be faster than 3/4 the cars out there, if you get the 2012 you'll still be faster than 3/4 of the cars out there
LOL!
Great point!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,184 Posts
How much was your deposit? I don't understand why a deposit was needed on a car that has been out since 2009...
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top