Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2010 Nissan gt-r. i searched and seen a couple different part numbers. any help would be appreciated.

[background=rgb(248, 248, 248)]40700-1AA0B & [/background][background=rgb(248, 248, 248)]40700-1AA0C[/background]

i see a couple auctions on eBay selling tpms sensors, but i don't know what the difference is between them other the color and price.

http://www.ebay.com/...=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

http://www.ebay.com/...=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

[background=rgb(248, 248, 248)] NEW Set of 4 Schrader TPMS Tire Pressure Sensor Fits Nissan Infiniti 40700-1AA0B[/background]

[background=rgb(248, 248, 248)] NEW Set of 4 Schrader TPMS Tire Pressure Sensor Fits Nissan Infiniti 40700-1AA0C[/background]

·
Registered
46 Posts
I got mine off ebay and only one read correctly and one did not register at all. I ended up purchasing new TPMS from the tire shop.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got mine off ebay and only one read correctly and one did not register at all. I ended up purchasing new TPMS from the tire shop.
damn. seller of these contacted me saying the difference one had a stronger frequency. how much did the new sensors run you?

709 Posts
Coincidently, I just bought some off ebay member TransGlobal Trading Company. He accepted best offer of $74.99. I plan on replacing all batteries when they arrive. Hate to hear that Imoody. That will probably be my luck.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Coincidently, I just bought some off ebay member TransGlobal Trading Company. He accepted best offer of $74.99. I plan on replacing all batteries when they arrive. Hate to hear that Imoody. That will probably be my luck.
he said they are all tested before shipping. i would be interested to hear how they worked out for you once you got them.

709 Posts
I'll let you know, but will probably be a week or so before I can go get the tires mounted, then not sure when I'll be able to get these recalibrated to the car at Nissan. I'm sure you would have pulled the trigger by then.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll let you know, but will probably be a week or so before I can go get the tires mounted, then not sure when I'll be able to get these recalibrated to the car at Nissan. I'm sure you would have pulled the trigger by then.
no rush. this would be for my winter set up and hopefully that cold and snow is still at least 2 months out.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I bought these--315MHz Tire Pressure Sensor--from Tire Rack. they were $42 each. They told me that they will work for my GTR. I got a second set of OEM wheels and also bought a set of Pirelli Winter Sottozero Serie II from them as well. I have not had them mounted yet because I believe that they have to be on the car to get it to recognize the sensors using a tool that the tire companies have (I hope). If not, I know the dealer has that ability as well but I am sure that it will be more expensive there.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Look for the cloneable ones. Saves the hassle of having to re-program everytime you swap wheels.

I wish I had when I got mine.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hey!! Google Alligator Sensors. Simply have your shop or the dealership read each of your wheel sensor ID's. Email those ID's to the Alligator Sensor vendor and they will "clone" these new ones to your car and send you the four new sensors to install. No need to go have a reset each time you swap wheels.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey!! Google Alligator Sensors. Simply have your shop or the dealership read each of your wheel sensor ID's. Email those ID's to the Alligator Sensor vendor and they will "clone" these new ones to your car and send you the four new sensors to install. No need to go have a reset each time you swap wheels.
do the tires have to come off the rims to read the ID's?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Nope. Can be read by a hand held device (Like a MaxiTPMS TS401), that's held right up to our factory valves and you can read the ID's from this device right through the tire/rim. I believe that many dealerships have these devices or similar and can read them for you. Some may come out to your car and read your sensors for free.

·
Pew Pew
659 Posts
I purchased the blue ones. I have the exact same ones with no issues. Stopped by my local dealer and they programmed it in 5 min free of charge. I purchased an extra one which I keep in my glove compartment. The blue ones are newer I believe.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts