Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
<"))))><
3,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to install HKS BOVs and vent them to atmosphere. Does anyone have a solution to plug the opening for BOV recirculation on the OEM turbo inlet pipe? FYI, I have the 2012 OEM inlet pipes. Not looking to weld but any other solutions/suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks.

·
<"))))><
3,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Any advice? I would really like to do the swap tomorrow. Also, let me know if any of you would like to sell your spare HKS ssqv inserts. Thanks

·
Registered
805 Posts
Sorry I don't have the answer for you but Akuma Motorsports set it up for me and it ran flawless. You might be able to give John from Akuma a call and ask him what he did since he is open to answering questions.

·
Registered
8,455 Posts
Mine recirculate to the atmosphere..

like Nick said , you can seal it with the plug...

·
<"))))><
3,706 Posts
Most of the plugs are heat rated. What temps will they be required to withstand?

Any other options that are application-specific? It seems that some of the vendors on here would have to deal with this all of the time?

·
Registered
376 Posts
does everything still work fine with bov vent to atmosphere in stead of recirculate ? no stall or engine lights ?

·
Registered
734 Posts
Forge Motorsports in Flroida sell aluminum plugs just for this purpose. They have a variety of sizes. May want to give them a call.

·
<"))))><
3,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Forge Motorsports in Flroida sell aluminum plugs just for this purpose. They have a variety of sizes. May want to give them a call.
Thanks!

·
<"))))><
3,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just ordered the plugs from Forge. I will update on how they work out tomorrow evening (yes, the shipping was more than the plugs, ugh).

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Bringing up a very old thread to show what I did, just in case anyone comes across this thread looking for a plug solution like myself.

I could have/should have asked Bill (sprayitracing) to cut off and weld the BOV recirculation piece on the GTC inlets I ordered from him - forgot to ask him, not sure if he would have done it anyways.

With that said, I was trying to rig something up to plug the recirculation on the inlets and to my surprise (duh!) I came across Turbo Smart blanking plugs.

Ordered the 29mm Turbo Smart blanking plugs, went to AutoZone and got some heater hose (or whatever we could find), cut maybe 3" and attached to inlet and blanking plug using the OEM clamps because they look cleaner than the non-OEM ones.

Some pics below:

GotBoost 3" MAF-LESS Intakes and GotBoost Speed Density (SD) Wiring Kit

1 - 13 of 13 Posts