Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Caretaker of GODZIRA!
2,679 Posts
Just got my AP back from Cobb, having it converted to the 006 version. I don't see where I access the Touch Points and Capacities adjustments, or the Relearn function. Do I have to install one of the TCM maps to access these features, or didn't I dig deep enough in the interface? When it finished loading my custom ECU map, it asked if I wanted to load a TCM map, and I just exited out of it.

·
Registered
8,455 Posts
Just got my AP back from Cobb, having it converted to the 006 version. I don't see where I access the Touch Points and Capacities adjustments, or the Relearn function. Do I have to install one of the TCM maps to access these features, or didn't I dig deep enough in the interface? When it finished loading my custom ECU map, it asked if I wanted to load a TCM map, and I just exited out of it.
yea , just click load TCM tune, and pick one of the options.. if you want to launch the car hard pick lc2 3750 or lc2 3300 .. and continue on..

·
Caretaker of GODZIRA!
2,679 Posts
No, I think you misunderstood my question. I do not want to load a TCM map, I only want to access the Touch Points and Capacities adjustments. How do I do that?? Just read on the SFS site that you don't have to load a TCM map to access these features.

Edit: ok, I plugged the AP in again, and now see if I scroll down I see Touch Points. Is this also where the Capacities adjustment is? That's the one I'm most interested in right now.

·
COBB Tuning Firmware Engineer (Hacker)
1,615 Posts
No, I think you misunderstood my question. I do not want to load a TCM map, I only want to access the Touch Points and Capacities adjustments. How do I do that?? Just read on the SFS site that you don't have to load a TCM map to access these features.

Edit: ok, I plugged the AP in again, and now see if I scroll down I see Touch Points. Is this also where the Capacities adjustment is? That's the one I'm most interested in right now.
You are correct. You do not have to install to the TCM to adjust the touch points or do gear learning. To get to those tools on your AccessPORT go to "Tune" and look for the transmission tools. Once you select that sub menu it will open a new one that will let you chose between TP adjustments and gear learning.

Joe

·
Caretaker of GODZIRA!
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok, Joe, I see that now. But, where are the Capacities adjustments? I only see the Touch Points.

·
1,615 Posts
There are 4 screens if you select through... first 2 are Capacities and the last 2 are Touch Points I believe.
That is correct. Also one thing to keep in mind is that we are still working on the LC4 clutch learning and touch point adjustments.

Joe

·
Caretaker of GODZIRA!
2,679 Posts
Thanks guys! I'll take another look. Guess I'm a bit wary of doing anything to my brand spanking new tranny. Don't wanna break anything! Last evening I attempted to do a clutch relearn and got a "Fatal Error" message with a frownie face. Went back after about an hr when the car was cooler, and it worked that time. I knew there was a minimum temp needed to do a relearn, but apparently there also a maximum temp threshold too? Tranny was around 200 deg F when I got the error. This was shortly after I got a clutch overheat warning that went away after a few mi. And, NO, I was Not launching! I actually was in the process of burnishing the brakes when this happened! After all I've been through lately, it scared the poop outta me!
One more quick question, if I want to do a clutch relearn, do I need to go in and set all the TPs and CCs to 0 before proceeding? What happens if I forget to do that first?

·
CMD
1,130 Posts
Thanks guys! I'll take another look. Guess I'm a bit wary of doing anything to my brand spanking new tranny. Don't wanna break anything! Last evening I attempted to do a clutch relearn and got a "Fatal Error" message with a frownie face. Went back after about an hr when the car was cooler, and it worked that time. I knew there was a minimum temp needed to do a relearn, but apparently there also a maximum temp threshold too? Tranny was around 200 deg F when I got the error. This was shortly after I got a clutch overheat warning that went away after a few mi. And, NO, I was Not launching! I actually was in the process of burnishing the brakes when this happened! After all I've been through lately, it scared the poop outta me!
One more quick question, if I want to do a clutch relearn, do I need to go in and set all the TPs and CCs to 0 before proceeding? What happens if I forget to do that first?
Clutch re-learn has been a pretty simple process for me so far, I do one about once every 6 months or so. I know there's a minimum temp, but never heard a maximum temp... you sure there wasn't any disturbance to the data cable when it was clicking away and doing the relearn?

I always reset all 4 settings to 0 first, do the relearn, go back and reset to what I like (still on stock, 0-0-0-2). You're fine if you did the learn with your current setting, I don't think it makes a huge difference. But if it really bugs you, I'd just go back and do it all over again. You have the 006 AP now, use it to your heart's content!

·
Caretaker of GODZIRA!
2,679 Posts
Clutch re-learn has been a pretty simple process for me so far, I do one about once every 6 months or so. I know there's a minimum temp, but never heard a maximum temp... you sure there wasn't any disturbance to the data cable when it was clicking away and doing the relearn?

I always reset all 4 settings to 0 first, do the relearn, go back and reset to what I like (still on stock, 0-0-0-2). You're fine if you did the learn with your current setting, I don't think it makes a huge difference. But if it really bugs you, I'd just go back and do it all over again. You have the 006 AP now, use it to your heart's content!
In your settings 0-0-0-2, does the 2 represent the clutch B capacity setting?

·
CMD
1,130 Posts
In your settings 0-0-0-2, does the 2 represent the clutch B capacity setting?
Nope, my capacities (how hard your transmission shifts) are both 0. The 2 I believe is touch point B, which allows for the creep in first. Stock I think is 0-0 for capacities and 0-2 for touch points (A-B).

·
Caretaker of GODZIRA!
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nope, my capacities (how hard your transmission shifts) are both 0. The 2 I believe is touch point B, which allows for the creep in first. Stock I think is 0-0 for capacities and 0-2 for touch points (A-B).
ok, thanks. Think I'll try those settings. I like some creeping when just off the brakes.

·
Caretaker of GODZIRA!
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Exactly, me too. And with Cobb's LC4, it's perfect go from stop everytime!
Is this LC4 in beta release yet? Besides raising the launch rpms, is there anything else the Cobb canned TCM programs do? I'm not a launcher, so I didn't bother installing one of those.

·
1,615 Posts
Is this LC4 in beta release yet? Besides raising the launch rpms, is there anything else the Cobb canned TCM programs do? I'm not a launcher, so I didn't bother installing one of those.
The ALPHA firmware will allow you to install LC4 to your TCM. Many user like the shifting of the LC4 much better than the previous LCs.

Joe

·
CMD
1,130 Posts
Still alpha, but the shifting behavior is night and day difference. Really makes me (an early CBA adopter) envy the DBAs that much more as they had this code out of the gate!

Currently, you cannot change up TP/capacities with the alpha F/W, so you would want to get those set first before flashing. But, shifts are definitely smoother and feel quicker, and there is 0 bog when you move from a complete stop. (You know how with our CBA code, there is sometimes that "dead space" feeling when you gas up from a stop. So, you end up looking like an idiot lurching forward at the stop light. That is completely gone with the alpha code.)

·
Caretaker of GODZIRA!
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Still alpha, but the shifting behavior is night and day difference. Really makes me (an early CBA adopter) envy the DBAs that much more as they had this code out of the gate!

Currently, you cannot change up TP/capacities with the alpha F/W, so you would want to get those set first before flashing. But, shifts are definitely smoother and feel quicker, and there is 0 bog when you move from a complete stop. (You know how with our CBA code, there is sometimes that "dead space" feeling when you gas up from a stop. So, you end up looking like an idiot lurching forward at the stop light. That is completely gone with the alpha code.)
Really want to try this! Will set TPs and CCs where I want them first.

·
Caretaker of GODZIRA!
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ok, I set the TPs at 0-2, but still don't see where the Capacities settings are! I scrolled down, but they just plain aren't there. All I see are TPs. So, where the hell are they?

·
LiMiTLeSs
3,220 Posts
ok, I set the TPs at 0-2, but still don't see where the Capacities settings are! I scrolled down, but they just plain aren't there. All I see are TPs. So, where the hell are they?
I'm assuming you have the newest firmware and are on Alpha. The clutch capacities are the first values that come up to change. Touch points are the second set that allow you to change. If you click 'ok" to 4 different imputs then you already passed it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts