Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mods: 2013 GT-R Black Edition - 3" Intakes/Intercooler Piping/Tial QR's and GTHAUS Exhaust tuned by Bill at SIR.

Hope someone can help. Thank you in advance. I have checked for leaks, even checked O-Rings on the BOV's and still all good.

I am still hitting boost where it should be and the car runs fine but this weird whistle just started and it's driving me crazy!

NO CEL, Temps all good but I can't figure out what could be causing this.

Listen closely while I accelerate.

Some local GT-R owners who heard it said it was a boost leak but currently unable to find it. Any thoughts? 100% not normal and just started.

· Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I alway's heard them spool up but not like this. That whistle just started which raised my questions. I can't even hear the BOV's anymore like I use to. Strange, trying to figure out what could be causing it. Unless the Tial QR's are the issue.

· Registered
1,293 Posts
Recheck all piping leading to the intercooler again ......l have tial bic l here them just fine.... l would say during installe of the bov we had to grind down the clamp as it wasnt closing flush between the flange and the bov.

· Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Still the sound continues. I have checked all my I/C piping and Intakes but no leak are found. I even removed my Tial BOV's and replaced with new O-Rings but the sound continues.

I am really starting to think it's related to the turbos but how common would that be?

The car will be up on a lift maybe tomorrow so I will take a closer look underneath to see if I find anything.

· Registered
1,293 Posts
Still the sound continues. I have checked all my I/C piping and Intakes but no leak are found. I even removed my Tial BOV's and replaced with new O-Rings but the sound continues.

I am really starting to think it's related to the turbos but how common would that be?

The car will be up on a lift maybe tomorrow so I will take a closer look underneath to see if I find anything.
Make sure the clamp that attaches the bov to the adapter flangebon the ic pipe is sitting flush........l had a issue with this on mines

· Registered
995 Posts
Yoy started hearing the whistle when u added those parts correct? No way ur having a turbo problem
I had these parts for a long time actually and have never had this noise before. I use to be able to ear the intakes sucking in air and could hear the Tial BOV's extremely well but now just that whine.

The noise started out of nowhere and I have already put close to 10k miles on these parts.

Thanks for the replies! The clamps on BOV's and hoses that recirculate like stock are all installed proper.

Sounds like it's coming from the engine dept. I am on a mission to find this thing. I don't even feel like driving the car until this is resolved, it's that annoying.

· Registered
995 Posts
Looks like someone had a similar issue on another GT-R forum and was related to the BOV. Gonna take it apart when I get home tonight. His video's had the exact same noises.

Issue:

Tried revving it to 5k rpm while sitting still, no noise.

The noise only comes on when there's boost pressure, either while driving or revving in LC mode.

So it has something to do with the turbo, hopefully its just the intake leaking.

The result:

[background=rgb(26, 26, 26)]One of the BOV gasket has blown causing the leak when boost comes on.[/background]

[background=rgb(26, 26, 26)]Currently getting it changed and hopefully the annoying noise will go away.[/background]

[background=rgb(26, 26, 26)]Thanks for all the inputs, you guys has been most helpful, as always.[/background]

Yeah thanks for all the help I finally got this annoying issue solved.

I can enjoy the car to the fullest now. Longing for more power though...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.