Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
MAJJ
ALPHA 9
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve had Eibachs Bolt on 15/20mm since 2015. Street driven, no issues until yesterday when i took one out to clean any rust and saw one bolt stripped. I need to order a replacement ASAP will replace fronts & rears with H&R.

what type should i go with? I’ve had the bolt on type for ages no issues but now read the hub centric with the extended lugs being safer. I also read that i might need open ended lugs to fit better.

if i go with the H&R DRS hub centric & extended lugs…will that fit my Kics Leggdura 53mm 12x1.25 Gold (closed ended) — THIS

or should i go with the open ended - THIS

thanks!

Automotive tire Hubcap Rim Alloy wheel Motor vehicle

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Either lug nut will work as long as the closed ones don’t bottom out on your stud.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Used the type you have on track. Nuts spacer to hub got loose more than once, can't see them/check them without pulling wheel. Slip on hub centric solves that.

·
MAJJ
ALPHA 9
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why don’t you just replace the bad stud?
I'd rather be safe and go with new sets given the rust and the time i've had these on my car 7 years. I decided to go with Quality - H&R

·
MAJJ
ALPHA 9
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Used the type you have on track. Nuts spacer to hub got loose more than once, can't see them/check them without pulling wheel. Slip on hub centric solves that.
I think Eibach stopped producing spacers for GTRs couldn't find them anywhere and GTRs are no longer listed in Eibachs website. Yeah I heard Bolt on risks on track, but I won't be tracking my car. Street driven, and I do drive aggressively sometimes and it has been 7yrs with my current bolt on spacers.. thankfully no major issues except that stripped thread i saw when cleaning the rust.

·
MAJJ
ALPHA 9
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Either lug nut will work as long as the closed ones don’t bottom out on your stud.
I honestly wouldn't know or take the risk to replace OEM studs to longer one if I go with the hub centric type with Extended studs like ARP.. other issue, most shops/service areas here don't often deal with GTRs or high end sports car so I'm not so confident to have them do that job... unless it's like basic mechanics 101 then ok lol

This is the 53mm lugs i currently have on my current bolt on eibach spacers:
Project Kics Leggdura Racing Shell Type Lug Nut 53mm Closed-End - 12x1.25 (Gold)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts