Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Little bit of info on the car before I get to my question - car has upgraded turbos, all bolt ons, 800cc injectors, and as far as I know, no fuel pump upgrade. It was retuned by Jack Cecil at HP logic a couple of months ago after I purchased it. Car dyno'd at 620 @ the wheels. I did some logs for the first time today and noticed the IDC is high..100% at 5000 rpm's, and goes to 125% @ 7000 rpms. Car doesn't seem to be knocking at all. Logs are attached. Can anyone give me feedback on if this is dangerous for the engine? If it is not, do I stand to gain any power by adding bigger injectors and fuel pumps?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Little bit of info on the car before I get to my question - car has upgraded turbos, all bolt ons, 800cc injectors, and as far as I know, no fuel pump upgrade. It was retuned by Jack Cecil at HP logic a couple of months ago after I purchased it. Car dyno'd at 620 @ the wheels. I did some logs for the first time today and noticed the IDC is high..100% at 5000 rpm's, and goes to 125% @ 7000 rpms. Car doesnt seem to be knocking at all. Logs are attached. Can anyone give me feedback on if this is dangerous for the engine, and what I need to do to correct it??
unless im blind that log doesn't include injectory duty cycle or inj pulse which is helpful

what is maxing is the MAF 4.9-5V

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Your MAF meters are both pegged 5.01v. And you were getting a very small amount of knock.

You also have only theo pulse-width logged, that number is not very close. On my car at 7000rpms, my Theoretical Fuel Pulse-width is 20.80, yours is 20.0. My real pulse width is 15.80 as logged by the cobb. Thats 92% duty cycle for me. That was a cold night -500DA rolling on the highway. Normally I am at 85-88%. Log Actual injector pulse and we can make sure, but looks like you have enough injector and fuel. You should be fine with stock pumps and 800cc injectors up to 650whp. Upgrade the pumps and make 750whp or so with the 800cc.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Thanks for the help guys. I redid the logs, and IDC @ redline was 100%, and about 75% at 5k rpms. So I guess it looks like I am ok with 800cc injectors? Next question is what do I do about the MAF voltage, and how do I know if I need to upgrade the stock fuel pump? Will upgrading the stock pump allow me to make more power?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.