Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,
Great to be in here and among you. Its been awhile i have been looking for R35.
I found a used one on the market and looking to get or just about getting it. Minor accident on the rear right tyre but everything seemed fine everywhere else. Is there anything else i should look for please?

The Engine Oil needs change, tyres and assuming gear and diff oils aswell.

I live in Dubai, so its hard to find a good workshop here. Any help or advice will be great.

Great to be part of the club!

- Dias

·
R35 Shop
173 Posts
Hey Guys,
Great to be in here and among you. Its been awhile i have been looking for R35.
I found a used one on the market and looking to get or just about getting it. Minor accident on the rear right tyre but everything seemed fine everywhere else. Is there anything else i should look for please?

The Engine Oil needs change, tyres and assuming gear and diff oils aswell.

I live in Dubai, so its hard to find a good workshop here. Any help or advice will be great.

Great to be part of the club!

- Dias
Hey Buddy,

I would definitely recommend swapping all the fluids and possibly spark plugs just for good peace of mind. Tires are more of a inspect then replace if needed type of thing.

Alpha Logic Performance is based in Dubai and definitely know there way around a GTR.

Of course any questions you have you can always email me at [email protected] as well!

Thanks
Andrew

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Buddy,

I would definitely recommend swapping all the fluids and possibly spark plugs just for good peace of mind. Tires are more of a inspect then replace if needed type of thing.

Alpha Logic Performance is based in Dubai and definitely know there way around a GTR.

Of course any questions you have you can always email me at [email protected] as well!

Thanks
Andrew

Hey Andrew!

Thankyou for the message there. I did take the car to alpha logic for a inspection. they gave it a general inspection and said it was fine, no error codes or anything. minor accident in the past but nothing to the engine or gearbox, chassis. It is a canadian spec vehicle, clean interior. I was planning on doing the oils myself at home. seems fairly simple.

·
Alberta Oil & Gas
5,691 Posts
Welcome to the club!!!

Congrats on the purchase.

Happy Motoring…

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hey....
Still waiting on mine sadly. Went to see her yesterday sitting there. lol.
Maybe you don't a GTR which is banged up bad? I don't know much about them, and still learning. My one i am looking at had a accident but nothing to the chassis or engine nor the gearbox. so it seems ok. Planning on all oil changes to do it myself. Not sure if its easy, looks easy enough.

I know there is a way to check the gearbox indicator when started, does anyone here know the steps to do this?
1st gear flashes or something and thats bad news..... any one can help out with some steps on that?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dias, search this site and you can also search youtube videos for changing the oil and other maintenance items. Hope you get your car soon! Welcome, by the way. :)
Hey Guido,

Thankyou for the warm welcome. Yes i have viewed several videos on how to change the oils. I am just worried not to destroy anything after it is done. Thats my worry. It is very easy to do, but i would hate it if i was the reason to destroy the engine,gearbox or the diffs. also i will need some pump to fill the gearbox and diffs. But yes fairly easy.

I checked the car, and the oil is black, the shop will not do the change as it will cost them. they don't move it until its sold, like everything else in their lot.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
If the oil is black, you may want to have an oil analysis done to see if there is anything in the oil to suggest damage to the engine. Black oil is NOT a good thing, my friend.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If the oil is black, you may want to have an oil analysis done to see if there is anything in the oil to suggest damage to the engine. Black oil is NOT a good thing, my friend.
The car was checked before i planned to buy it, the guys said its need a oil change and change all the oils at once. im not sure they checked the drain bolt for debri. but he said the engine seems healthy.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
HAPPY TO SAY,

SHE IS WITH ME!

A front metal click noise when the car is driver after 30 mins, while steering to the right, any ideas on what that could be?

·
Nismo Owners Car Club
2,275 Posts
congrats.........but now there's a front metal click noise?

Did you not take the car on a test drive? axle, ball bearing, brakes? oh boy. good luck.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
congrats.........but now there's a front metal click noise?

Did you not take the car on a test drive? axle, ball bearing, brakes? oh boy. good luck.
Yup it was. Just took it in yesterday for a oil change and the right side front links were loose.

Noise is off and away! Happy to say. The guys did a gear box relearn and it's even better.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts