Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well... I had a nicely modded bmw 335i 07... I know its no where near as fast as a gtr.. but it was stick, very fast and the new tunes keep making them faster!. problem is they dont make them twin turbo anymore...and i really dont want to buy the same car again.. Mine was totaled.. I got rear ended at about 40mph when at a complete stop.. got a lil injured as well,, anyway i was so against the gtr.. in pics its ugly (imo) and no old school clutch... The car has then since grown on me and the more research i do, the more I want.. My friend On this forum has a pretty nice one as well.. ill have to find his username he is on long island as well..

Im looking at 09's w low miles... My friend told me they can b made to have same performance specs as the 2012s pretty easliy? is this true? and what should i look out for when purchasing? I know on the 997 porsches u could get a read on mis shifts and what not.. Does this apply to the gtrs at all?

ives looked at m5's/m6's, porsches and so on......if that new twin turbo m3 was out then maybe.. but for now this is def the car i want.. esp since it has back seats!
Thanks guys.. hoping I can get a gtr soon

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
Im looking at 09's w low miles... My friend told me they can b made to have same performance specs as the 2012s pretty easliy? is this true? and what should i look out for when purchasing? I know on the 997 porsches u could get a read on mis shifts and what not.. Does this apply to the gtrs at all?

ives looked at m5's/m6's, porsches and so on......if that new twin turbo m3 was out then maybe.. but for now this is def the car i want.. esp since it has back seats!
Thanks guys.. hoping I can get a gtr soon
2009 can be brought up to 2012 power level with a tune only. No bolt on's needed.

The only concern is a VDC off launch. Dealers used to be able to download this quantity, but weren't supposed to tell. There are several shops in your area that should have a Consult III and can check.

Impossible to "mis shift" a GT-R. It will hit rev limiter only. Downshifting to a gear out of parameters causes a no shift.

Shawn

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2009 can be brought up to 2012 power level with a tune only. No bolt on's needed.

The only concern is a VDC off launch. Dealers used to be able to download this quantity, but weren't supposed to tell. There are several shops in your area that should have a Consult III and can check.

Impossible to "mis shift" a GT-R. It will hit rev limiter only. Downshifting to a gear out of parameters causes a no shift.

Shawn
nice.. that makes sense about the mis shifts... now i have to worry about the launch stuff... ugh.... ok,, its a start thanks for your help

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
also,, i been researching.. it doesn't matter that i get the premium package? I can still upgrade the sound system no problem? bascially looking for a white 09 gtr that i will mod a bit

·
Registered
711 Posts
where are you located?
long island smithtown area... i have been still looking at some m3's would b cool to have one w a g power sc.. but im still leaning towards the gtr

·
WHITE NINJA
4,183 Posts
Im in the same boat ad you ducati looking for an 09 with low miles i wil miss the old school clutch and rwd also..i plan on doing exhaust and custom tune only i cant fken wait its killing me

all i do is watch GTR videos everyday lol

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
Very few "basic" 2009's around, and there are few differences, but rather than upgrade, if you want the premium, get it first.

Shawn

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Im in the same boat ad you ducati looking for an 09 with low miles i wil miss the old school clutch and rwd also..i plan on doing exhaust and custom tune only i cant fken wait its killing me

all i do is watch GTR videos everyday lol
same here.. im a bmw guy... but the more i research and read i cant help stay away esp for the price..... i havent read one neg on these gtr's yet so.. im glad i waited.. hopefully i'll be able to find one.

·
WHITE NINJA
4,183 Posts
same here.. im a bmw guy... but the more i research and read i cant help stay away esp for the price..... i havent read one neg on these gtr's yet so.. im glad i waited.. hopefully i'll be able to find one.
seriously u cant find 1 negative comment on the GTR ANYWHERE......... jeremy clarkson SAYS that ITS TOO GOOD of a car and does ALL the work make any drive look like a PRO???

·
Alpha 10
3,763 Posts
lol...look on cars.com they usually have some nice deals on there, or look on the GTR for sale in the forums might have a few that might interest you guys. Good luck, hopefully you guys can be GTR owners soon. welcome!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Be patient...I found my deal online after waiting about 6 weeks...its well worth the wait!

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Be patient...I found my deal online after waiting about 6 weeks...its well worth the wait!
true, very true,, i am holding off till possible.. are the dealer auctions any good? my friend is going to have access to one shortly.. thats another reason ive been holding off a little

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
so i just keep missing out, every time i call its sold! lol can 2010/11's be made as fast as the 12's as well? or is it just the 09s?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Took me about two months. There aren't a lot of these cars for sale to begin with, so the used market is fairly small and competitive. Be patient and enjoy the search.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
so can 10/11 models be made just as fast as the 12's with the pc? or?

·
Happy in Hermosa
1,534 Posts
Any GTR can be made faster. With love and $.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Happy in Hermosa
1,534 Posts
yes, but as easy as the 09s? i was told to get an 09 for that reason
You're welcome to buy my '09. There's a thread around here somewhere. It still has plenty of room for growth.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts