Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2009 GTR has just broken 71,000 miles. No major issues, oil change every 5 to 6k, transmission and diffs regularly done. What can I expect with more miles? Is there a timing belt? Drop in value due to the miles? It is my daily driver, sun or snow! Thanks for the feed back

·
Registered
341 Posts
Well if you are at the highest miles then you should be the one telling us what to expect and if the value will drop significantly

But joking aside, it seems like your car is rock solid so just keep up with the maintenance!

·
Tokyo Nightmare
1,773 Posts
Congrats! Most driven GTR

When you say regularly changed trans and diff fluid, what interval are you doing it at ?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The
Well if you are at the highest miles then you should be the one telling us what to expect and if the value will drop significantly

But joking aside, it seems like your car is rock solid so just keep up with the maintenance!
The first one was done at 18k with Nissan Fluids, then I went a little longer to second one at 25k and switched to Pentosin and Mobil 1 diff, just did the third with Pentosin a few thousand miles ago with Royal Purple Diff. The Mobil 1 needed a diff additive to make it smooth, the Royal purple is very smooth without any additives, smoother by far than stock! Not sure on the value drop, it's all over the board. I am getting anywhere from $5,000 to $15,000 below KBB trade values. Anyone with more miles?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I bought the car in Dec of 2009 for $60k US with 20k miles on it with factory Nissan 5 year 100,000 miles warranty from a older gentleman in Indiana. Great buy at the time, value still holding well. Only issues were the steering lock problem and the transmission gear 1,3,5 solenoid issue. All under warranty. Not bad for a car of this caliber!

·
Registered
7,517 Posts
My 2009 GTR has just broken 71,000 miles. No major issues, oil change every 5 to 6k, transmission and diffs regularly done. What can I expect with more miles? Is there a timing belt? Drop in value due to the miles? It is my daily driver, sun or snow! Thanks for the feed back
Awesome to see a high mileage GTR with only OEM maintenance performed. Not to worry about the timing belt <-- it's a chain, but will still need to be eventually checked for excessive play.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I bought the car in Dec of 2009 for $60k US with 20k miles on it with factory Nissan 5 year 100,000 miles warranty from a older gentleman in Indiana. Great buy at the time, value still holding well. Only issues were the steering lock problem and the transmission gear 1,3,5 solenoid issue. All under warranty. Not bad for a car of this caliber!
You got a really good price on the car! Even today, US$60k for an 09 with 20k miles is a pretty good deal.

Keep it up, happy miles!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Funny thing about the Camry comment is that I work for a Lexus dealership in Denver! But no, I do not drive it like a Camry. I do drive a lot of highway miles. But I am very surprised at the life of the brakes. This is my 8th car with Brembo's but seem to be lasting the longest. A good track day should take care of that!

·
Registered
405 Posts
There was an 09 with 82k miles that went around the auction scene a few months back. it was still bringing low $50s even though you can buy one with 25k for low-mid $50s.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thanks for posting! Always nice to hear about a GT-R really being enjoyed/used without a long list of problems to report!

Only issues were the steering lock problem and the transmission gear 1,3,5 solenoid issue. All under warranty.
Did the transmission solenoid issue leave you stranded or were you able to reset and keep driving until it was fixed?

I see you switched to Pentosin (FFL-4 I assume). Did you notice any improvement over the factory fluid? Was the transmission solenoid warranty repair done when it was filled with Pentosin?

1 - 20 of 83 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.