Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
Some of you might have seen our other thread with updates from Tokyo Auto Salon 2012's Setup Day:
http://www.nagtroc.o...__fromsearch__1

During our walk-around, we got some great shots of HKS's new GT1000 Package.

The kit features a 4.1L stroker motor, intake manifold, secondary fuel injectio, as well as new, larger turbo kit option.

Sorry for the delay everybody; technical difficulties when trying to move around over 1GB of photos and then trying to host them online.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
extra injectors are old school

HKS need to get with the times and develop/source larger injectors

Likewise their archaic fcon that is really an analogue solution for a digital world

·
Registered
3 Posts
extra injectors are old school

HKS need to get with the times and develop/source larger injectors

Likewise their archaic fcon that is really an analogue solution for a digital world
HKS have been making larger injectors for the GTR for a couple of years now:

700cc part number 14002-AN002
860cc part number 14002-AN003

There is also a specific GTR Fcon available which I beleive is one of the few systems on the market that you can live data map without having to sit around waiting for uploads for each change you make so not really that archaic. They also have an all new Fcon under develeopment that will be released later this years.

There is an online catalogue that can be searched by vehcle or parts on their website here in case you don't know what they have available:
http://www.hks-power.co.jp/db/

Nate.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
hks realised 6 860cc injectors wont do for 1000hp, hence the need for 4 more bolted ad-hoc on top of the manifold

1000hp+ cars on this forum are using 2000cc injectors

re features mentioned, look up what the cobb accessport can do plugged in via the obd

alot of the components hks have developed through the various gt kits are fantastic - the execution though needs to cleaner

when an engine management solution asks me to pull out my ecu and use crimps to splice into the oem wiring, it is archaic

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
Some of you might have seen our other thread with updates from Tokyo Auto Salon 2012's Setup Day:
http://www.nagtroc.o...__fromsearch__1

During our walk-around, we got some great shots of HKS's new GT1000 Package.

The kit features a 4.1L stroker motor, intake manifold, secondary fuel injectio, as well as new, larger turbo kit option.

We're in the process of uploading our photos right now and we'll have everything here as soon as that's complete.
That's good stuff. So is this HKS GT1000 package good for 1000 engine horsepower or 1000 wheel horsepower?

·
Premium Member
11,288 Posts
so this intake manifold that comes in differnt colors... must use the additional injectors? will they make one that doesnt requre that?

also how great are the 2000cc injectors? maybe they tried them and felt the addition inj were better than that solution? regardless there are always differnt ways to do the same thing. both have positive and negatives. if its not perfect install and tune then HKS will find the best way to acomplish that.

the last video they showed said they were making new fcon and some more stuff like mentioned in the first post.

·
Vendor
2,420 Posts
hks realised 6 860cc injectors wont do for 1000hp, hence the need for 4 more bolted ad-hoc on top of the manifold

1000hp+ cars on this forum are using 2000cc injectors

re features mentioned, look up what the cobb accessport can do plugged in via the obd

alot of the components hks have developed through the various gt kits are fantastic - the execution though needs to cleaner

when an engine management solution asks me to pull out my ecu and use crimps to splice into the oem wiring, it is archaic

I agree with Domino however this image isn't what the FCON loom looks as we fully custom wired a previous 3.2V V pro on to our GTR.

Regardless, HKS parts are great to use in conjunction with the COBB AP or any other tuning solution available.

·
Vendor
2,420 Posts
Many tuners such as Underground Racing, Heffner's Performance use additional injectors such as HKS did in this GT1000 package. It is only to keep the factory ecm happy when using piggy backs or stand alones (FCON, AEM, MOTEC). Remember COBB AP uses your factory ecm which is why these are different setups you cannot compare.

·
Vendor
1,382 Posts
id2000 on gas still isnt a smooth solution. It can be made to be acceptable but I see why HKS went to staged. There is another US tuner who does it like that with Pro efi.

Sean

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.