Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Everyone keeps telling me not to strap it on a dyno, you'll break hard parts, it'll hurt the car, etc...these are the same people who WOT everywhere, throw flames, etc. So, I don't know who to believe, but regardless, the closest dyno isn't close at all, so before I go on a road trip (being dramatic), I figured there are enough of you/us here with similar builds.

Here's everything that I can think of...

Sheph 1.5
1300cc Dynamics injectors
Stage 2 SIR USM turbos
Visconti E85 (it's 85-87% content the last few times I checked)
Visconti speed density kit
3.5" intakes
Bigger turbo outlets
Upgraded fuel pumps
AMS performance downpipes
Boostlogic quadzilla exhaust
Tuned on Ecutek (by Visconti, for BOTL applications)

I don't know specifics on the intakes, turbo outlets, or fuel pumps.

The previous owner claims 850hp for whatever that is worth, but he never dyno'd it himself, sooooooo it's all speculation at this point. Curious what you guys think : )

·
Registered
369 Posts
plenty of people making 800-850whp (dybnojet) on FP green, Pure 800, RDE800, Cicio gateways. SIR stage 2 should be same ballark with a good tuner. Do some Dragy pulls, assuming good traction that will tell you right away

·
Registered
632 Posts
I made 730whp with a very similar build list and RDE800 turbos. Stock motor and trans and that was tuned on the conservative side FWIW. You have stock intercoolers? That might be a slight limiting factor depending on your whereabouts and weather.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
plenty of people making 800-850whp (dybnojet) on FP green, Pure 800, RDE800, Cicio gateways. SIR stage 2 should be same ballark with a good tuner. Do some Dragy pulls, assuming good traction that will tell you right away
The fear of launching it has kept me from doing that, but I have done some non-launch quarter miles with the Dragy at 1.5bar - just a stomp and go.

It appears I need to launch to get a realistic representation. So then I wonder is it better to throw it on the dyno or launch it...eek!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I made 730whp with a very similar build list and RDE800 turbos. Stock motor and trans and that was tuned on the conservative side FWIW. You have stock intercoolers? That might be a slight limiting factor depending on your whereabouts and weather.
Stock intercoolers (Monterey Bay, CA...coastal, mostly cool climate...near sea level)

·
Registered
10,192 Posts
Not sure which is going to limit you more, stock trans or 1300’s on E85.

Turbos will make 800 no problem.

Why not just ask Bill or better yet your tuner ?

You don’t want to use LC ? Just mash the gas then and post your trap. A 60-130 is as hard on your trans as a launch lol.

·
Kevin
449 Posts

You don’t want to use LC ? Just mash the gas then and post your trap. A 60-130 is as hard on your trans as a launch lol.
The 1300s are more than enough. Curious what his fuel pump setup is though.

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
Who's the tuner?

That may give you some hints as to the HP the car is putting down.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Shepherd stage 1 transmission, by the way.

I bought it as such, and it came with some tunes from Visconti.

Noted on the other comments - thx

·
Super Moderator
3,903 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
Has BOTL tunes from Visconti. I'll reach out to them to see if they have an idea.
I think Visconti has some 900whp/700tq tunes out there on stock motor/trans setups. Depending on which SiR Stage 2 turbos are on the car, may want to confirm that's not what you've got loaded unless you're fine with it. Trap speeds or 60-130 will tell you what you need to know if JV doesn't provide a definitive answer.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I think Visconti has some 900whp/700tq tunes out there on stock motor/trans setups. Depending on which SiR Stage 2 turbos are on the car, may want to confirm that's not what you've got loaded unless you're fine with it. Trap speeds or 60-130 will tell you what you need to know if JV doesn't provide a definitive answer.
Back home again, so I'll pull it out this week and shoot it down the road with the Dragy.

Thoughts on what level of boost to run would also be appreciated.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts