Nissan GT-R Forum banner

Horsepower estimate based on build list

5K views 32 replies 13 participants last post by  Tap&gap1300 
#1 · (Edited)
Everyone keeps telling me not to strap it on a dyno, you'll break hard parts, it'll hurt the car, etc...these are the same people who WOT everywhere, throw flames, etc. So, I don't know who to believe, but regardless, the closest dyno isn't close at all, so before I go on a road trip (being dramatic), I figured there are enough of you/us here with similar builds.

Here's everything that I can think of...

Sheph 1.5
1300cc Dynamics injectors
Stage 2 SIR USM turbos
Visconti E85 (it's 85-87% content the last few times I checked)
Visconti speed density kit
3.5" intakes
Bigger turbo outlets
Upgraded fuel pumps
AMS performance downpipes
Boostlogic quadzilla exhaust
Tuned on Ecutek (by Visconti, for BOTL applications)

I don't know specifics on the intakes, turbo outlets, or fuel pumps.

The previous owner claims 850hp for whatever that is worth, but he never dyno'd it himself, sooooooo it's all speculation at this point. Curious what you guys think : )

See less See more
#2 ·
plenty of people making 800-850whp (dybnojet) on FP green, Pure 800, RDE800, Cicio gateways. SIR stage 2 should be same ballark with a good tuner. Do some Dragy pulls, assuming good traction that will tell you right away

#4 ·
The fear of launching it has kept me from doing that, but I have done some non-launch quarter miles with the Dragy at 1.5bar - just a stomp and go.

It appears I need to launch to get a realistic representation. So then I wonder is it better to throw it on the dyno or launch it...eek!

#3 ·
I made 730whp with a very similar build list and RDE800 turbos. Stock motor and trans and that was tuned on the conservative side FWIW. You have stock intercoolers? That might be a slight limiting factor depending on your whereabouts and weather.

#9 ·
Not sure which is going to limit you more, stock trans or 1300’s on E85.

Turbos will make 800 no problem.

Why not just ask Bill or better yet your tuner ?

You don’t want to use LC ? Just mash the gas then and post your trap. A 60-130 is as hard on your trans as a launch lol.

#15 ·
Nonsense...800 to 900.

Alexd

#21 ·
That's not bad at all considering the 0.7 bar of boost is less than stock with better efficiency of the larger turbos.

What do the maps allow you to set boost to?

I would think something like 20-22 psi (1.4 to 1.5 bar) would be a good frame of reference to determine power based on the traps and 60-130.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.