Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Founder/Admin
26,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
This was interesting I went and found the first time DK had ever driven the 2014 NISMO for comparison even though the surface seemed to be a little off the day of the 2020 run

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Sports uniform Motor vehicle

Tire Vehicle Car Wheel Hood

·
Founder/Admin
26,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks for the post. Fun to watch. Big price difference between 2015 MY and 2020 MY for about 1.5 seconds :).
the best time ever for 2014 NISMO there was 1:00.9 and then 1:00.2 for the 2018. which is the all time best for those cars

and then NISMO used their SuperGT driver to run a 59.3 in the 2020. the new NR1 tire in my opinion is responsible for the difference more than anything

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
I was still looking for a NISMO 2020 track edition, but stopped because I had to focus on my business for a while. With your NISMO, when you used to track it, did it overheat the trans, diff, and engine oil like the CBA? Are your NISMO brakes different then the CBA? I wound up upgrading to steel lines, Motul brake fluids, Alcon 400mm front and 380 (?) rear with MX72 to improve the CBA brakes when I had them. Just curious how they work. This is all moot of course until I get one and if I ever take it to the track haha.

·
Founder/Admin
26,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was still looking for a NISMO 2020 track edition, but stopped because I had to focus on my business for a while. With your NISMO, when you used to track it, did it overheat the trans, diff, and engine oil like the CBA? Are your NISMO brakes different then the CBA? I wound up upgrading to steel lines, Motul brake fluids, Alcon 400mm front and 380 (?) rear with MX72 to improve the CBA brakes when I had them. Just curious how they work. This is all moot of course until I get one and if I ever take it to the track haha.

no so going to VIR like we used to I could do a whole session and it wouldnt break 220F.

brakes are the same but technically differnet as the rotors hats are different because of the larger wheel studs

doesnt the 2020+ track have the CC brakes now? but yeah I dont think any leftover new cars exist. and only tracks I see pop up are a handful of the 2014 and then occasionlly a couple facelift 2018

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
no so going to VIR like we used to I could do a whole session and it wouldnt break 220F.

brakes are the same but technically differnet as the rotors hats are different because of the larger wheel studs

doesnt the 2020+ track have the CC brakes now? but yeah I dont think any leftover new cars exist. and only tracks I see pop up are a handful of the 2014 and then occasionlly a couple facelift 2018
The 2020 Track Editions do have CCB, but I wasn't able to secure the ones I saw come up for sale. If I was able to track more I think I would prefer the 2020 Track Edition since I wouldn't be worried about all the carbon body panels and it has the CCB as an option. I contacted the tuner who did work on one of the 2020 track editions I saw for sale, but it was sold in the <24 hours I waited to hear back from the tuner, doh!! I'd like the 2015-2016 with titanium exhaust if I wasn't going to drive much emotionally, but if I were to drive somewhat daily and at the track I would look at the 2020 track edition. Maybe it's not meant to be haha.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The 2020 Track Editions do have CCB, but I wasn't able to secure the ones I saw come up for sale. If I was able to track more I think I would prefer the 2020 Track Edition since I wouldn't be worried about all the carbon body panels and it has the CCB as an option. I contacted the tuner who did work on one of the 2020 track editions I saw for sale, but it was sold in the <24 hours I waited to hear back from the tuner, doh!! I'd like the 2015-2016 with titanium exhaust if I wasn't going to drive much emotionally, but if I were to drive somewhat daily and at the track I would look at the 2020 track edition. Maybe it's not meant to be haha.
FWIW, I emailed Nissan Cooperate (Customer Relations) last month and asked them how many 2020 Nismo track editions were made. About a week later, they called and said there was a total of 26 for the US. I then asked for a breakdown of numbers in the three available colors. They called back a few days later and said they made 4 white ones. I asked about red and black, and they assumed I only cared about the white ones since mine is white. But I got mine about 2months ago. Never even heard about the 2020 Nismo Track Edition and I owned a 2017 Premium since new. This one listed on autotrader literally 4 hours before I bought it and traded in my 2017 towards it. I keep checking autotrader and other sites for them, but I have never seen another. I don't want two, I just want to know what the value of these are. I will eventually see one so I can give you a heads up when I do, in the case you still are interested in them.

Here is the one I bought in June
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Grille
Vehicle Car Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Locking hubs

1 - 8 of 8 Posts