Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Edit:

Some people had chimed in so far, it seems like Baker Nissan North is the only one so far.

19630 Northwest Fwy, Houston, TX 77065
(281) 890-5656

Are we lucky enough to have a mod friendly dealership?
Reason for asking is because I have owned STi = Gillman SW was pretty mod friendly, BMW 335i= BMW North was mod friendly.

I realize GTR warranty works are much more complicated (Especially modded), but any luck with the GTRs in Houston area?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Subscribing. New to the area and GTRs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
406 Posts
Depends on the dealer and what kind of mods. Brad Baker told me that they (the dealer) was ok with mods. When I had an issue with the trans, I found out that Nissan had problems with mods. They
denied my warranty work. 2010 model.

·
Premium Member
1,022 Posts
My last 4 GTR's were modded and all these dealers in Houston say they are fine with it and then they call the GTRtech line the ask is the car Modded the dealer says yes and then they denied the warranty or they say return the car to stock and then they will look into it see if Nissan will warranty the problem .

·
Registered
755 Posts
Baker Nissan used to be much more "OK" with mods than they appear to be now. They installed a mid pipe and cat back, as well as the Cobb on mine right after I purchased it and continued to do warranty work on it. I am not sure if they have the same outlook these days.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
This needs to be stickied!

Any dealer can be "mod friendly" but if your engine/trans needs work, they are required to send the black box data to Nissan HQ for approval! And if the car had a tune in it, they will deny the claim!

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I was told from the get go at Baker that 2.75" intakes, mid-pipe and cat back exhaust with a tune is fine. Injectors/ pumps and DPs are pushing it but I haven't seen them turn away cars. They have a lot of GTRs there with extensive mods. At my current rate of 1700 miles in 9 months, I'm more concerned my tires will dry rot before wearing out the tread...

·
Registered
44 Posts
So sounds like Baker is the place to go for maintenance and service? Looking for a dealer to use for that type of stuff.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
So sounds like Baker is the place to go for maintenance and service? Looking for a dealer to use for that type of stuff.

If its not warranty work you can also look at Kozmic. Those guys tuned my wife's BMW 135i. Professional and affordable.

·
Registered
44 Posts
If its not warranty work you can also look at Kozmic. Those guys tuned my wife's BMW 135i. Professional and affordable.
I bet her car is super fun being tuned lol. Thanks for referral.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I bet her car is super fun being tuned lol. Thanks for referral.

Its fun because its a sleeper. Trying to get her to run corn on the cobb now
but it needs a real rear diff.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I bet. It's cool being in a sleeper. I use to have one or two in the past. Not nearly as nice as a 135i. Hard to be a sleeper in the GTR!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Great thread. Subscribed.

·
Registered
955 Posts
i guess baker..

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hello everyone! I may be picking up a GTR soon, or a C7 Z06, but the research is still on. I currently live around the Katy (Cinco Ranch) / Richmond area. Are there any dealers here worth buying a GTR from or am I better off buying from out of state or the forum?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hello everyone! I may be picking up a GTR soon, or a C7 Z06, but the research is still on. I currently live around the Katy (Cinco Ranch) / Richmond area. Are there any dealers here worth buying a GTR from or am I better off buying from out of state or the forum?
I was in the same boat, I searched and researched, crossed shopped C7 Z06, Porsche 991s, etc. I came to conclusion that no dealerships in the Houston area offered any good deals on the GTRs.

I bought mine (2015, 85k OTD with 8000 miles) used from Autonation Nissan Dallas. Call them and ask for Cory Schell. He took good care of me thus far minus owing me a second key.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Houston is a tough market for GTRs. They dont discount much. With the 10K off removed, deals are slimmer. Seems to be ton of used 15's on eBay so it must be all the off lease deals from Nissan Corp. Good luck

·
Registered
363 Posts
If anyone is worried about the warranty on their GTR then they probably shouldn't mod it. My friend who was FBO E85 on ecutek took his car to baker Nissan. They warrantied a new transmission. Then again I have heard of many modified cars get denied at baker as well. It all depends. But it's not 100%.

·
Registered
363 Posts
It is not Baker that makes the decision. Nissan makes these decisions. So, there is no point in a list of mod friendly dealers.
That's what I mean. Many dealerships will tell us that they are "mod friendly" only to find out that Nissan has a problem with the mods later and get denied. Good thing is if something transmission related breaks then you have companies that can fix it for relatively cheap compared to buying a new transmission thru Nissan. If you blow up your block then good luck....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts