Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the owners here in Florida, how dark did you go? I was contemplating between 5 and 20. I am leaning towards 5. Is it a good idea? your input is highly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Shaolin Shadowboxer
309 Posts
I have 15% on the doors, 5% on the rear. The windshield has 40% on it that came with the car. All of my other cars have 15% all the way around and nothing on the windshield. Make sure you select a quality film that actually helps keep the heat out.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
High end crystalline only goes to 35% yet reject more heat than typical limo tint. I did 35% all around and 70% windshield. Was going to tint another car front sides, but kind of like no tint (have always had tint on all my cars)

709 Posts
5% all around except windshield.

709 Posts
^nothing on windshield, not even a strip. But in our town the cops have been pretty cool and I haven't been stopped. But to be fair, I keep the windows down most the time.

·
Shaolin Shadowboxer
309 Posts
It's not bad actually. Privacy is good and it keeps the heat out. I think they have some clear UV stuff now that repels heat if that's your thing. I used to do it on all my cars when I was younger but my FX35 daily I decided against it. Since this car came with it I just left it alone.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's not bad actually. Privacy is good and it keeps the heat out. I think they have some clear UV stuff now that repels heat if that's your thing. I used to do it on all my cars when I was younger but my FX35 daily I decided against it. Since this car came with it I just left it alone.
Actually I would love to get 40 too but the shop I am getting it done will not do it! lol! he will just go 70 on the windshield..

·
Registered
969 Posts
15% all around nothing on windshield

Florida car

709 Posts
^ correct, I got 5% to be cool... idiot.

709 Posts
It was E-tuned but similar set ups are between 560-590. 93 octane

·
Registered
168 Posts
^ correct, I got 5% to be cool... idiot.
I got 5% all around in SoFl to prevent the fishbowl effect (everyone trying to look in your car, to look at you, because you own a GTR) and cuz i thought it would look great, which it does, vs splitting 20% front and 5% rear in my past 4door cars.....

But I highly advise against 5% in the front, and will be changing it to 20% soon, since I'm forced to open my window(s) when driving at night, while making turns, if the street lights aren't bright enough. Otherwise it's nearly impossible to see out. Daytime it's no problem in SoFl.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.