Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so, it is almost the anniversary of my GTR 2012 delivery. Many people actually argued about how much Nissan is consumer oriented, and I am now able to put on record this story:

I bought a 2010 GTR, and I drove it for 17 000 miles, during this 1st year, my gearbox failled 2 times and went to leap mode, fortunatly, close to the dealer (Santa Clara Steven Creek Nissan, good guys!)
the 1st time, they needed 20 days to figure out what to do (Nissan Japan involved), and they decided after 20 days to reset the gear box and give it back to me ... 3 months later, it returned to leap mode, and they kept it 10 more days, after 10 more days of Headquater not deciding what to do, I got a little annoyed, so, I called my lawyer. He basically let me know of my rights, and that is in california, 30 days in the garage during the waranty periode make it a lemon.

So, I went to the dealer, and ask for an exchange. The Steven creek Nissan guys were very supportive and actually agreed that we got to speak with head quater. after 2 or 3 phone calls with Nissan headquater, and a little arguement, they very quicly decided to propose me an exchange from 2010 to 2012, asking me to pay de difference of MSRP, and the devaluation of the 2010 due to milage (California calculation). I accepted the exchange, and the 1st Nissan GTR 2012 delivered in california became mine. I did not need to bring them the lawyer at all ...

I can't express how nice all the nissan people were in the process, they actually all were on my side, even at the head quater (Mr Delon), and he , especially just followed the law to the letter, without trying to pull the cover on his side.

I think it was important to share this experience with you guys, I am now the happy owner of a 2012 GTR, love it , love it ,love it!

Francois

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the exchange followed the California Lemon Law to the letter. on a car so expensive, the statistics show that it is very rare, difference of MSRP is only 5800$, and the rest around 3K$ ... to get a new GTR will all the new goodies, i really think that it was the best deal I could get ...

Francois

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.