Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What tuning software or application would I need? Can I also tell how many times it has been used?

thanks all

·
Front Mount 2500 HP
3,696 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Even my wife, who knows nothing about cars, asked why buy a GT-R and then disengage the LC when I read the topic title aloud. Obviously I'm very curious as well?

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
ill go out on a limb and say this sir needs his car to be in someone's posession (temporarily) and does not wish launch control to at all be available for that time... maybe?

·
Registered
9,691 Posts
^^ +1

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
ill go out on a limb and say this sir needs his car to be in someone's posession (temporarily) and does not wish launch control to at all be available for that time... maybe?
Great point! If it's possible, I would like to know then as well as I might have to ship my car later down the road and wouldn't want some scum bag launching my car during transit. I know it's very unlike but I just don't fully trust the military moving system. Been burned before.

·
O_o
1,657 Posts
If you have an accessport you can set the lc rpm so low that it won't go into launch control

·
Warrant Officer
700 Posts
Great point! If it's possible, I would like to know then as well as I might have to ship my car later down the road and wouldn't want some scum bag launching my car during transit. I know it's very unlike but I just don't fully trust the military moving system. Been burned before.
Trying to get to Hawaii and I'm already debating on whether I should sell the damn thing rather than deal with those yahoos. I bet there isn't a way to disable LC, though.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
If tuned the launch RPM can be sent to 2,000 effectively disabling LC!

·
I ❤️ Oil & Gas
5,612 Posts
If you have an accessport you can set the lc rpm so low that it won't go into launch control
I thought I read somewhere that the Cobb has a valet mode? Perhaps the LC is disabled then?

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
If tuned the launch RPM can be sent to 2,000 effectively disabling LC!
Yeah I'm assuming that's the problem. The car has to be tuned (Cobb/Ecutek) to somewhat disable LC. For those that are stock I guess it isn't an option. Who knows, maybe Nissan could do some kind of update to disable it like the OP was possibly referring to and then reenable later.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I used the Cobb AP and put it in valet mode before i shipped it. I am in the military also and just moved back to Hawaii...

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
To the OP- Not sure it counts the cycles for launch but have heard conflicting evidence to that more so on who turns of Traction Control. Why buy a GTR and not launch it. To answer you possible other questions illuminated by others here- Valet mode in either Ecu-Tek or Cobb should work. both require either the actual devise (Cobb) or the PIN (Ecu-Tek) to turn off. In short

Valet mode= LC no worky

·
Registered
64 Posts
Or take the connections out from the back or the buttons. It's very simple and easy to access the connections. The check engine will turn on but as soon you connect all the stuff back it will turn off by itself.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts