Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, my 2012 gtr was imported from the USA so it only came with US maps. Is there a way for me to add a philippine map ? Thanks

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh? How come?

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
The maps are stored on the HDD which is as far as I know can't be modified

You need a replacement from your local HPC, that is if the GTR is sold officially in the Philippines

Eg first edition to be sold in the Gulf was US spec as there was no official Gulf spec and came with US maps, approx 2 years later the Gulf edition came with maps.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh noo! Thanks for the explanation max. I was thinking that there was a chip that could be purchased and added on to the system.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey bro whats car navi? Did you get yours to work?

·
Registered
755 Posts
How does Nissan plan to update USDM, JDM and EDM Nav systems periodically? Previous systems required a CD or DVD update disc. Are you sure there is no way to interface with the HDD and run an update?

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
I got a suggestion, just use an Android phone for navigation. My Evo is pretty accurate and tells me when to turn.

·
[ MotorMotives ]
541 Posts
I don't believe the Nav being impossible to mod, it may just be time consiming for someone with the knowledge to try and do that.

This was one of the cons of buying my GT-R here in the US compared to GCC, but I really have no use for the nav at all, and it is not a big deal for me
I would buy the replacement unit to get my US-spec GTR nav to work in Saudi, but since everything seems to be overpriced, I'm not going to even start looking

Has anyone considered buying a garmin unit that has a A/V output, and hooking it up to Nissan's AUX A/V harness? I think that would be the easiest way if you really need the navigation

I honestly think Nissan is stupid for not making one NAV unit, and just used different CD's or SD cards to load maps of different countries!

-AJ

·
Registered
129 Posts
Ashraf, it's not just the NAV system that's different, radio frequency is too, for example you can't tune to channels that end with .2 , .4 etc. A lot of my favorite channels end with even numbers so its a bit annoying. Hope I can find a solution soon.

Also look up a member with the name VashTS, he managed to hardwire Garmin to his display screen. He's from Kuwait.

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
Has anyone considered buying a garmin unit that has a A/V output, and hooking it up to Nissan's AUX A/V harness? I think that would be the easiest way if you really need the navigation
Has been done by member VashTS

Unfortunately can't find the exact topic

·
[ MotorMotives ]
541 Posts
Ashraf, it's not just the NAV system that's different, radio frequency is too, for example you can't tune to channels that end with .2 , .4 etc. A lot of my favorite channels end with even numbers so its a bit annoying. Hope I can find a solution soon.

Also look up a member with the name VashTS, he managed to hardwire Garmin to his display screen. He's from Kuwait.
yup, I'm aware of that too

I never use my radio tho, but I can see that as a problem for some

As long as my iPod works, I am a happy camper

-AJ

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.