Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
choose your destructor
460 Posts
Nissan used to sell update CDs. Not sure if they still do that, but I rarely use the built-in GPS anymore so I haven't looked into it. Waze is running on my phone whenever I'm driving.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Is it even worth updating? Im curious, do many of you still use it or rely on your phones GPS?
It's not worth updating really. And not just on the GT-R, but any car, Google map, waze, etc are just far better than anything manufacturers offer. I am not sure if that is the case with Tesla or not though, since I have never used their nav.

·
Premium Member
2,038 Posts
Depends on how much you use the Nav. If your usage is anything like ours where we never use the built-in navigation in any of the cars, it's probably not worth the trouble.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I am not sure if that is the case with Tesla or not though, since I have never used their nav.
I always preferred the mapping system in my Tesla(s) because it would help guide you to the next charger (for trips where you'd otherwise need a map). Also, the map is very responsive, add stops, etc. From a manuf perspective, they figured it out (then again, the whole car basically runs off that screen, so they kind of had to).

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
You cannot get updates on the maps from Nissan anymore if yours is 2011 or earlier. Not worth it if the car has Android auto but maybe convenient if it doesn't have that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts