Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
GT1R Flame Thrower Edition
2,177 Posts
I just sold my cobra last week and I'm now ramping up my search for a lightly modded pearl white/black interior 09MY GTR. I was slightly hesitant about buying one with a tune until speaking (and going for a ride) with a good friend last night who just took delivery of his black 09MY w tune/midpipe/drop ins. I know they're out there, and I'm not in a rush to buy and probably will wait til April to pull the trigger on one. My question is, how many 09MY owners have a deposit down on a '13 but either havnt listed it in the marketplace yet or don't plan to do so until their new car arrives? I feel strongly about buying a car like this from an enthusiast who is active on the forums, but are there other venues I'm ignoring in my search or should I give it a month or two for the '13s to start showing up & see what becomes available
Tony

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm praying that some 12's show up in the marketplace! The ones i've found on cars.com, auotrader, dupontregistry, ebay and craigslist are all dealers. Its crazy! (The need to sell me their car first lol) But during my search there are a lot of 09 and 10, not sure of quality, distance and other criteria you're looking for. I feel you too in wanting to buy the car from someone on the forums.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I have a pearl white '09 w/warranty till 75k that I will offload when my '13 arrives. The car has 17k miles on it and has always been taken care of very well. It was just detailed, sealed with cquartz, and has always been professionally maintained.

·
GT1R Flame Thrower Edition
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a pearl white '09 w/warranty till 75k that I will offload when my '13 arrives. The car has 17k miles on it and has always been taken care of very well. It was just detailed, sealed with cquartz, and has always been professionally maintained.
Expect a PM this evening

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
I paid sticker for mine in August 2008 so if I am going to spend $100K on a car it better be a HUGE upgrade. The 2012/2013 is not such an upgrade from my perspective. Right now I don't know of anything that could be even up to $150K... Maybe an R8 in some respects?

·
driving big boats
540 Posts
I paid sticker for mine in August 2008 so if I am going to spend $100K on a car it better be a HUGE upgrade. The 2012/2013 is not such an upgrade from my perspective. Right now I don't know of anything that could be even up to $150K... Maybe an R8 in some respects?
I agree. I paid about 25 grand less for my new 2009 GTR when compared to the new 2013 GTR.

·
Happy in Hermosa
1,534 Posts
My '09 goes on the market tomorrow. Lightly modified. Sorry, it's black over grey. Hunting for a 2013 by week's end. Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'm going to be trading mine in for a 13' BE. If your interested I'll sell it to you instead of trading it in, but mine is Super Silver. Only 4k on the ODO though.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Just sold my '09 with the idea that I'd be free to go for a 2013. Not any more--Nissan just ripped me off on cancelling the extended warranty and it's the new Porsche 911 for me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.