Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting a PPI on a 2015 today and want to know what the threshold is between a reasonable amount and the previous joker dogged it out.

Vehicle was leased in Nov 2014 and has 5800 miles in it.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Well since launch control is a feature of the car and is warrantied it won't show up on a PPI. There are other things like fluid temps, clutch, transmission, VDC-off readouts that could indicate a problem. If you are simply looking for how many times the car was launched you won't find it on a DBA at least.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well since launch control is a feature of the car and is warrantied it won't show up on a PPI. There are other things like fluid temps, clutch, transmission, VDC-off readouts that could indicate a problem. If you are simply looking for how many times the car was launched you won't find it on a DBA at least.
Crud is that right? I thought I read somewhere that the ECU tracks it?

·
Registered
867 Posts
I have a 2015 with 3k miles and have launched it 15 times. It's built into the car for a reason so it's no different than asking," how many times did he drive it." Temps and codes, interior/body/paint damage and tire wear should be the only concern I would think.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have a 2015 with 3k miles and have launched it 15 times. It's built into the car for a reason so it's no different than asking," how many times did he drive it." Temps and codes, interior/body/paint damage and tire wear should be the only concern I would think.
There are some small paint chips in the front, PPI is currently on going, tires seem decent but haven't looked closely yet

·
Registered
813 Posts
I agree. Jeez I am in the top 5 OCD guys here and have even launched mine 11-15 times in 2 years.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
There are some small paint chips in the front, PPI is currently on going, tires seem decent but haven't looked closely yet
Try and get the car up on a lift and check the very inner part of the tire. There could be tons of tread left and still be showing severe fraying/feathering in the inside. It's just the way the GT-R eats tires.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Curious- when many of you tuned your car, did you pull your 3rd gear to redline with the VDC off. I was told to do this by the tuner. Will this flag?

1 - 20 of 82 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.