Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I just got my 2012 GT-R Black edition about 3 weeks ago and signed up for the Shift-S3ctor event at streets of willow. And wondering if it's ok to track it so soon? I have 950 miles on it so far and will do the first POS after Xmas.

·
Founder/Admin
26,473 Posts
your fine with those miles.. especially getting the POS done first... enjoy your track day... the manual technically calls for 1200 miles...but real world your definitely fine right where you are

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome thanks! I should have 1200 by then it's not till jan 21st. Anything I should do before or after a track day? Also i someone cracked their stock rotors is that common?

·
Founder/Admin
26,473 Posts
on a brand new black edition your good to go........have you tracked before? the reason i ask is your really only gonna see the cracked rotors after multiple track days with alot of heavy high speed braking that gets the rotors really hot... GTRs that are new to tracking or even occasional every few months probably wont see the abuse that starts cracking them.....

also its a little too early to tell but the 2012 has larger rotors that nissan said helps dissipate heat better...so its possible these could be less prone to the issue... although its really the design of the drilled rotor more than anything thats why most switch to a slotted/vane or j hook pattern when its time for new rotors

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've been to 2 track days at button willow and once to spring mountian's corvette race school but it's been a few years I think it was '07 was the last time I was on the track. Also not looking to go to hard on the GT-R just have some fun

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.