Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious how much you paid for labor on DP installs. Sounds like price quotes vary greatly. I live in so California. Any cheap but good install places?

·
R36 Member
796 Posts
Paid 600 for catback/DP install.

·
Vendor
1,540 Posts
Downpipes should be around $500 to install.

~Ccio

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
with the right tools, patience, and luck it's not so bad. you need a 14mm swivel and 30" of extensions or don't bother trying. plus soaking everything a day before with pb blaster and letting it sit overnight is a good idea. even at that you may break a stud or find a stuck o2 sensor. either one of those will make the job longer and more costly. luckily i only had one stuck o2. cost me ~$330 for a new one from fontana nissan.

·
Registered
705 Posts
with the right tools, patience, and luck it's not so bad. you need a 14mm swivel and 30" of extensions or don't bother trying. plus soaking everything a day before with pb blaster and letting it sit overnight is a good idea. even at that you may break a stud or find a stuck o2 sensor. either one of those will make the job longer and more costly. luckily i only had one stuck o2. cost me ~$330 for a new one from fontana nissan.
Oh okay, yeah I broke a o2 sensor when installing dps for the first time. If their stuck you have to break them to get them off?

·
Registered
734 Posts
Mine was totally cross threaded so yep had to buy a new one. Never did get it out.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
If at 100 an hour labor rate hour job I can't see anyone paying more than that

·
Registered
1,640 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
12 hours? That's nuts, 3 hours tops... It's not that hard to do it yourself, you really need a lift though... Without it I wouldn't even try it...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts