Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be purchasing my GTR soon and I dont want to pay over 300 a month in payments. I was thinking about putting 30-40k down. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Alfredo

·
Registered
977 Posts
You can finance $16,000 at 5.0% interest for 5 years and pay $300 per month. For a 6 year term you could finance $18,705.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I will be purchasing my GTR soon and I dont want to pay over 300 a month in payments. I was thinking about putting 30-40k down. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Alfredo
I put $40k down on a 2012 and still pay over $1k/month so I think youll need to put down more, alot more.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
I financed the whole thing in March.....just paid it off last week.....I don't like writing big checks but no problem writing lots of little ones....it's a mental thing

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Interest rates on auto loans are really good right now. Not a terrible thing to finance 4 years at 1.99% .....

Besides, like gilly said, I don't like the idea of 70k gone in 1 chunk... mental thing 4 sure..

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Penfed. Anyone can join

·
AllYourBoostAreBelongToUs
358 Posts
I put 5k down, monthly payment is 1060$, (my car was used, bought for 65k) for me it didn't make sense to put in a lot, as my payments come out of my pre-tax bonuses, thus the car is costing way less then 65k. I financed through penfed @2.49%

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
This is the ONLY sensible way, IMHO. I can't imagine paying hundreds of dollars of interest every month over many years for a depreciating asset.
I disagree....new car rates are as low as 1.79%....that's pretty cheap money.....certainly not "hundreds a month"....

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.