1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
$5K

·
Founder/Admin
26,479 Posts
i put down $1K but it wasnt even cashed until the car arrived months later and we did the final paperwork

·
Registered
639 Posts
2K. My dealer wanted only 1K, I insisted on 2K and yes it was refundable.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
So my Nissan dealership said I had to put down 10K to secure my car. Is this right or is my Nissan Dealership just wanting more money?
I've heard different things from different dealerships.

One dealer wanted a $5k NON-refundable deposit. They gave me a basic three sentence handwritten "contract" and I laughed at them (I'm an attorney). I prepared my own three page formal agreement and gave it to them for their signature. They ran it by their owner and attorneys and they didn't want to sign it. We ended up going back and forth for a little while...

I was getting tired of that, so I ended up finding a different dealer and they only wanted a $1k refundable deposit (that I put on a credit card so I could dispute it just in case). I ended up buying my car from them.

·
ACG Automotive
2,588 Posts
$1,000 check that hasn't been cashed yet.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
They cashed my 10K check. It's refundable but losing interest while it's 3 month build wait time :(
with interest rates where they are now you're losing about 10 cents......

·
Registered
119 Posts
$1k on the new 2012...zero on the 09

·
Registered
631 Posts
My dealer wanted $0 down for the 2013.

·
[ MotorMotives ]
541 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.